Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
Anyone got any updates on when the updated Hazro models are likely to be available on OCUK?

(Particularly interested in the 26" model)

Thanks muchly.

Associate
OP
Any idea whether the 26" version will now be glossy?

And whether there'll be any difference in response time for the 26" version?

Now frantically trying to decide between black/silver and 24"/26".... help!

Associate
OP
It's done - HZ26Wi Black Aluminium pre-ordered! :D

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread so far, really helped me to make my mind up.

I'll be sure to post pics + impressions once it arrives.

Associate
OP
Received the black HZ26Wi yesterday.

Design:
The Hazro HZ26Wi is a stunning piece of industrial design. The minimalist aluminium construction gives the product a high-quality feel reminiscent of the Apple Cinema Displays. The decision to keep the bezel free from buttons, LEDs etc. aside from the Hazro logo makes it easier to stay focused on the image on the screen.

OSD:
The touch-sensitive buttons are very sleek and add to the wow factor, though in practice they make it harder to operate the OSD menu as you need to keep looking down to make sure you're hitting the right one. The OSD menu itself could benefit from some differentiation between whether an option has been highlighted in the list (in which case up / down will navigate to the next option) or whether it's actually been selected (so that up / down will adjust that option's value).

Image Quality:
First impressions, image quality is great. Whether you prefer the matte 26" or the glossy as on the 24" model is really down to personal preference, but personally I find the reflections on a glossy screen very distracting. My monitor arrived with no dead pixels whatsoever, and in use the colours look natural and even across the screen.

Movies and large photographs look amazing. The HD trailers from Apple really show off the screen's prowess and photographs have a degree of immersion lacking on other monitors. Black level isn't the best, but that's the choice you make by going with IPS technology. The viewing angles and colour uniformity more than make up for it.

The vertical banding is the one issue concerning me right now. Not only do I get the banding described on this image http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greengradgf4.png but I can see visible flickering on it. (Is anyone else seeing the same thing?)

Responsiveness:
I haven't got the setup to run an input lag test, but purely subjectively I can't see any. I also hooked up a gamecube to the composite input and couldn't detect any lag on that either.

Overall, I'm very, very happy with mine and think I've made the right choice over all the other 24" and 26"-27" that I considered (and the list is long...). Would like to know whether others experience the visible flickering on that vertical banding test image though...

Associate
OP
Im not keen on the glossy effect but I dont have room for a bigger monitor on my desk

I was in a similar position as I haven't got a whole lot of desk space right now, but actually the 26" model has a 25.5" screen and the whole unit is only 4cm wider than the 24" - in practice not much at all.

Associate
OP
ok, well out of curiosity, are people who have purchased a HZ26Wi happy with their investment? i have read about the banding and sparkling pixel issues and how hazro might drop the h-ips panel.

I bought one (26wi black) and I'm very happy indeed. No sparkling pixels at all (AFAIK that's only a prob with the 24" model). Backlight brightness (therefore black level) and vertical banding are really only tiny niggles when you balance them against the strengths of this monitor and it looks like even those'll be sorted in a coupla weeks time. The panel thing doesn't bother me - nothing new has even been announced, so it'll probably be a fair while before something better actually gets released.

Overall I'm still extremely satisfied with it! :D

(Detailed impressions: Page 24 of this thread)

Associate
OP
Anyone tried hooking up a PS3 to the 26" model over HDMI?

Just bought one and the PS3 tells me it's detected the HDMI on startup, but then when I try to switch the Hazro doesn't detect a signal on the HDMI input?

Anyone on either 24" or 26" model got any tips for me?

Associate
OP
edit/ I've emailed them with their webform. I don't suppose they reply quickly. I'm so agitated about this.

sid

Same thing happened to me last week.

Contacted them afternoon of 20th Oct, reply on 21st saying they were sending a replacement by next day courier. Arrived by 9.30am on 22nd.

Very quick in my book, no complaints!

Associate
OP
If the light on the power brick isn't showing up then its defo a power brick problem yeah?

It could also in theory be the plug socket, plug (blown fuse) or kettle lead, but def. not the monitor itself. Try a different kettle lead in a different plug socket just verify it, but several people have had power brick failures reading back on the thread so it's prolly that.

Anyway, here's the details you would need to supply to Hazro (from their e-mail to me):
In order for Hazro to initiate an RMA, kindly provide the following information:

- Name
- Contact number [both land line and mobile]
- Full monitor serial number
- Address
- Purchased from
- Model number
- Purchase date

The above information should be sent to:

'[email protected]'

Back
Top Bottom