Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
No, 26Wi are not being recalled yet, well I haven't got an email from them. They said originally 26" are to be returned 10 working days after the completion of 24Wi upgrades.

Associate
Just got mine back :)

However, its freezing cold off the van, so I'm going to wait an hour for it to warm up to room temperature. The last thing I want is for anything to go pop now because of impatience.

Same monitor, same box (which looks like its taken a bit of a kicking in transit).

Associate
Well just had a call from Hazro re a web note I sent them to get an update on where my screen was up to.

He told me the same as everyone else has heard. He presumed I had an ATI card, which I corrected him on, but he thinks the software fix is the way to go :( I'm presuming it might be coming clearer to them that it's happening on all types of graphics cards.

He didn't have an answer to me when I asked if they had replicated the snow issues over HDMI as I want to watch BBC HD on my screen from my Freesat box.

Sadly though, mine is yet to be shipped and is going today and should be back with me tomorrow :/

Was hoping for some fun with it tonight, ah well atleast I know it's going to be on its way.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok - here's the quick low down having just fired up my returned hZ24wi

Banding - gone thank god. All good there.

Snow - never suffered from it so can't comment.

RGB sliders - Are adjustable! Woo!

Backlight - seems to be tamed. However, the backlight seems less even than before. Top left is very bright, fading off bottom right. I'd expect this to change somewhat though as the monitor warms up.

All in all, its like hooking up with an ex-girlfriend who you've longed for after she dumped you. I'm looking forward to getting dirty with her this afternoon :)

Associate

Backlight - seems to be tamed. However, the backlight seems less even than before. Top left is very bright, fading off bottom right. I'd expect this to change somewhat though as the monitor warms up.

All in all, its like hooking up with an ex-girlfriend who you've longed for after she dumped you. I'm looking forward to getting dirty with her this afternoon :)

Backlight control ?

Associate

They are adjustable on my monitor just dont do any thing. Does the colour actually alter if ...say... you wind down the red.

Also try pressing the buttons on the front see what short cut buttons are there. Hopefully should be an extra one

Associate
Just spoken to OK and they've had a few of their stock back from Hazro today (not all I don't think). So with a bit of luck I might have it for the weekend :)
At last I'll be able to move onto my new desktop PC instead of this 4 year old laptop!

Associate

current short cut buttons on the front consist of menu(menu), input select(select)
On the old w version if you pressed the ^ then that was a short cut to the aspect ratio control.
For some reason when they released the Wi version the short cut button to the aspect ratio disappeared. I just requested that it was put back and they said it was being considered.

TJM

TJM

Associate
Just spoken to OK and they've had a few of their stock back from Hazro today (not all I don't think). So with a bit of luck I might have it for the weekend
My order has been printed in the warehouse, so maybe it'll ship today. Nothing to do now except twiddle my thumbs.

And bummer about the useless RGB sliders. So much for calibration.

Associate
And bummer about the useless RGB sliders. So much for calibration.

I personally dont find this acceptable, and I web-noted Hazro as such. I mean how can this be a professional monitor without the ability to adjust colors manually on the screen!?! And I'm sorry but it is not an acceptable work around for a 500 pound monitor to depend upon IPC profiles to fix this. :mad:

I mean maybe I"m blowing it a little out of proportion. mrk, or someone with professional need for RGB calibration will have to chime in. But I'm just so shocked that this is the real deal! Now if you go to the product page on their website we can claim they are lying since it states there that you can adjust the colors manually.

Associate
Yep - Mick's right. Adjustable but no effect.

I got this V2 version about a week ago, and told them about the problem with the RGB sliders. I was also told it was just a bug and would be fixed.

Is there any extra shortcut buttons ?

also go into the menu, down to misc, and on input select have you got the option to select s-video ( another fault I pointed out as there is no s-video input )

also What firmware does it say in there ? "HZ24W ver.2.0 " is what it says in mine.
by rights it should be 2.1 or 3 you would have thought

Back
Top Bottom