US: HBO - The Night of

Soldato
Anyone watched the first episode?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2401256/

Don't want to spoil anything if not, so will put the rest of this in tags.

All seems pretty solid so far, but I’m not sure where it is going. Either it is the black guys and we are going to realise that pretty quickly and the show will be all about the detective vs the lawyer.

Or there is a more to it, but I can’t see how they will bring more characters in now unless the detective does more digging around the girls life. Don’t you think the guy on the bike who pulled up next to Naz when he was driving away was weird.

I thought the feel was really good, had a real nightmarish / twilight zone thing going on…

Caporegime
Yeah I've watched it and thought it was very good.

From the trailer and the first episode I imagine it's going to be more focused on the Jack Stone lawyer character, rather than Naz himself.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
If the plot feels familiar it's because the show is based on first season of BBC's Criminal Justice (2008).

They pitched it to HBO in 2012, with James Gandolfini set as the defence lawyer. HBO put it on the shelf, and just as they signed off production of the pilot Gandolfini died. Robert DeNiro called dibs to replace him, but couldn't fulfil it due to his movie schedule and thus the role of John Stone went to John Turturro.

Where can you watch it? HBO/HBO Go/HBO Poland. It's co-produced 50/50 by BBC, so I would imagine should be on Freeview soon.

Permabanned
I think he has got a bit of evil in him but and is quite enjoying his prison status. But we're only seeing this side because he's in prison.

I don't think he wanted that guy dead though. He didn't say nothing until Freddy asked him (wise move Naz telling the truth and not covering for him).

Speaking of Freddy, how is he so well established in prison? Everyone is **** scared of him but as of right now it looks like his crew consists of him and Naz lol.

Loved how the judge just sat there staring at the drug dealer, after confessing he's a drug dealer :D

He didn't have to admit that and was unusually helpful to the defense.

Last edited:

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Speaking of Freddy, how is he so well established in prison? Everyone is **** scared of him but as of right now it looks like his crew consists of him and Naz lol.

As we know from earlier episodes, Fred E. Knight is a former dotdotdotweight boxing champion of the world, "The King Of Queens" as the New York Post front page on the wall of his cell announces, the man equally famous and notorious in his celeb days and still enjoying far reaching influence in prison and outside.

Last edited:
Soldato
Really enjoying this series, Some times i feel sorry for Naz, then you see him do something stupid and think Maybe he did do it, he does has a nasty side to him for sure.

Soldato
I think he has got a bit of evil in him but and is quite enjoying his prison status. But we're only seeing this side because he's in prison.

Yeah, for the most part, i think youre right. He is becoming hardened because of prison.

But there are a few other clues in that episode. 2 that stood out for me, 1 being the pills he sold his "friend" buying them for 25 cent and selling them for 10 dollars. Doesn't really sound like his friend to me. Sounds pretty cut throat.

Second was the "other" incident regarding violence at school, we knew about the kid being thrown down the stairs but then it happened again. It's not like it's an isolated incidence.

For what it's worth, i don't think he killed her but the series does have you thinking. It would be a bit mad if the series ended with him being guilty of the murder.

Back
Top Bottom