• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HD 79xx Prices

Soldato
Two 7950s in crossfire is a superb combination for anyone wanting to max every game in. In fact for a lot of things it's overkill. Just one OC 7950 has been enough for me in the majority of the games out at the moment.

Soldato
:eek:

Nice one, hope that'll be going into a project log?

It will be indeed, hopeful OCUK drop the price on the tech lab 7970 for my 2nd, I hate fitting GPU blocks.

7970 is still £399, should i expect or to go down to £350?

As a bare min expect £360 by tues, but other offers are dipping as low as £340 so keep your eyes open. I would say at a guess 7970's will be retailing for ~£300 inside the next 3-4 months.

OcUK Staff
Pricing re-adjusted down! Price drop not as much as AMD originally planned, but still good all the same though.

As per the NVIDIA price drop, were on a sell out rebate, which ends in a few weeks and new buy-ins are not quite as good as the price the rebate gives. So pricing right now is very good. :)

Soldato
Pricing re-adjusted down! Price drop not as much as AMD originally planned, but still good all the same though.

As per the NVIDIA price drop, were on a sell out rebate, which ends in a few weeks and new buy-ins are not quite as good as the price the rebate gives. So pricing right now is very good. :)

So the 680 is going up in price? At this rate I reckon I'll just wait for greater 28nm availability. Looks like prices won't become sensible until then...

OcUK Staff
Edit by Gibbo - Mentioning competitors prices is against the rules.

I edited your post as it breached our rules, but to answer your question were not lowering our prices any further on 79xx cards I am afraid. But sending webnotes to price match items is welcomed, sometimes we can, othertimes we can't, in this instance we can't.

OcUK Staff
So the 680 is going up in price? At this rate I reckon I'll just wait for greater 28nm availability. Looks like prices won't become sensible until then...

Pricing is sensible!

We've got 200+ in stock, now arriving in 100's, the manufacturers price is now set, neither them or OcUK is making an additional or crazy margins, at best based on current USD costings and if we hammered margins very low £399.99 inc. vat can be just about hit, though it means making very little money as such we don't. However if you got a 10% FB code then thats worth a good £40-£50 of a 680!

For price to serious move down will require action from NVIDIA and at the moment were still selling close to 40-50 680's per day, the 680 is flying off the shelves at current price. As such NVIDIA has no need to lower price, they are still outselling AMD.

Associate
I edited your post as it breached our rules, but to answer your question were not lowering our prices any further on 79xx cards I am afraid. But sending webnotes to price match items is welcomed, sometimes we can, othertimes we can't, in this instance we can't.

Apologies, I mistakenly thought I was OK to mention it if I didn't say where.

I am looking at the Sapphire 7970 OC as the price is good for that, or the lightning, but the lack of no 10% discount or free shipping is hurting my feelings.

Yes yes, I should post 250 times and I am working on it, but without spamming I can only do so much.

Associate
For price to serious move down will require action from NVIDIA and at the moment were still selling close to 40-50 680's per day, the 680 is flying off the shelves at current price. As such NVIDIA has no need to lower price, they are still outselling AMD.
Is that right? 40 to 50 per day? At +420 quid per card? Who are these rich folks?

Back
Top Bottom