HD-DVD playback problems...

Soldato
i bought powerDVD 7.3 the other day after upgrading my rig finally (£50 is pretty steep too :() and basically i just cant get any of my HD-DVD's to work

everytime i load one up it will start to play for about a second or 2 then I get an "incompatible graphics card driver" error message

I've got the latest ati drivers installed, plus this is a clean install so shouldnt have any conflicts

does anyone have any idea's how to sort this?

Cheers

Soldato
OP
its an x1950pro and im using the 7.6's from ati's webby

EDIT: surely it shouldnt matter too much about HDCP cos the x1950 is HDCP enabled, plus im using an analogue screen and connection???

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
hmm, i'd like to use the 360's hd-dvd drive if i can cos i've hacked it up and mounted it inside one of my HTPC case's drive bay's. guess it may just be a case of waiting for a future update

I'm going to try older versions of a graphics driver incase it is the new one i'm using

Soldato
OP
I did try it with my old setup but i havnt had it installed since i got my new PC. i didnt see any point in installing it if im using an analogue screen with no HDCP to worry about

I'll get the trial again and see if that helps also

But its good news that someones got the 360 HD-DVD drive working with an x1950pro :)

Back
Top Bottom