HD Tach - Raptor wont complete Sequential Read Test

Soldato
Okay so my raptor drive manages to run the HDTach test up to the Sequential Read test then after about 6 bars of the progress bar are shown i get the message:

"Error during test or test cancelled by user"

I hear the raptor working and then it stops before this message appears.
Any ideas?
Faulty hard drive?

Soldato
OP
Okay so I ran the Western Digital Diagnostics Tool and it came back with this:

harddrive-1.jpg

Will OC give me an RMA on this on this basis? The Hard Drive is 1 day old.

Associate
WD are really good on replacing failed parts, so they will probably do it no questions.

My 250gb drive broke and within 1 week i had the replacement (using the pay before you send option), the replacement was also a 500gb drive, which was a nice suprise :D

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Yip get an RMA number from the WD site and post it off to Germany. I posted a borked 3.5 year old 8mb 36gb Raptor to them two weeks ago and received a brand spanking new 16mb one today :D

*edit*

Didn't see the 'one day old' bit. Contact OCUK and get an RMA from them.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well a new drive arrived this morning, not had a chance to install it yet, will do it tomorrow and hope this one is okay

Soldato
PikeyPriest said:
WD are really good on replacing failed parts, so they will probably do it no questions.

My 250gb drive broke and within 1 week i had the replacement (using the pay before you send option), the replacement was also a 500gb drive, which was a nice suprise :D

Must be a standard thing, my 250GB broke and i got a 500GB replacement! Thought i was the only one lol

Back
Top Bottom