• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HD5870 overclocking results...

Soldato
Ok guys, what have you pushed them to and at what voltage.

Also what did you use to test stability, especially with this new no artifact memory thingy..

Soldato
OP
Lucky I have the Asus 5870 then init ;)

Well not done a proper stabilty test, but 1000Mhz GPU at 1.28v and the memory at 1300Mhz, if I put the memory at 1350 ish the fps drops in GPU Tool.

So still loads of testing yet ;)

Soldato
OP
Bit more benching using Crysis benchmark tool.

GPU is stable at 1000Mhz at 1.237v any lower it crashes.

Memory, I'm just setting at 1250Mhz as thats what the IC's are speced at.

Associate
Has anyone tried playing GTA IV with an OC'ed 5870?

Whatever I OC mine to it crashes during GTA. Even with just a 30MHZ OC. It may crash straight away or it may take 10 mins but its guaranteed to crash with any OC on the card...

Anyone else get this?

Soldato
OP
Has anyone tried playing GTA IV with an OC'ed 5870?

Whatever I OC mine to it crashes during GTA. Even with just a 30MHZ OC. It may crash straight away or it may take 10 mins but its guaranteed to crash with any OC on the card...

Anyone else get this?

Have you tried a voltage bump?

Soldato

Anyone else get this?

Not got a 5870 but my 4850 did this. Any slight increase of core or memory made it unstable. 3Dmark06 would run but would stutter. A huge stutter every few seconds and the result would be about the same.

Back
Top Bottom