• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HDMI/DVI to scart?

Associate
Dont know where to put this but is there any trusted brands that make DVI or HDMI to a scart connection?

My 42" pansonic plasma tv is veryvery old and has no HDMI or DVI. There are DVI to scarts but are mostly chinese crap.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Associate
OP
Since SCART is limited to PAL TV format 720*576 (plus maybe NTSC or Seacm depending on the TV) it would be hard to tell a good from a bad output. Doesn't your graphics card have a S-video output?

yes it does i think. is that the small round connection beside a DVI? i have a 460gtx which doesnt have it but i have a card that does.

Associate
OP
Some of the old Plasma could accept RGBHV directly. Combining the sync is more than being handy with an iron. There were ready made RGBHV to RGBs/RGsB synch adapters around in the day. I'm not suggesting he'll get anything like HD, I'm suggesting that he remain in the analogue domain for any likely solution. Didn't HD4850's have encoder chips for ED/SD TV over component? OP, see if you can determine the type and maximum resolution/interlace/frequency the 'multi' input can handle and work back from there. Or personally I'd just use it as an excuse for an upgrade.

just found out the name of the tv. Its a Panasonic TH-42PX25U. there seems to be 2 models, one has HD and other is very basic. Cant find the basic one (mine) but i will keep looking.
when i find spec edit this post :)

Back
Top Bottom