HDMI Extension that will work with CV1

Soldato
I bought a couple of 3 meter cables to use with my Rift I thought I may run in to USB issues but the USB cable seems fine. Unfortunately I am getting no display though the HDMI. I bought the cable based on lots of positive reviews (Many of them from Rift users) so I'm not really sure what to do, do I just order a different make of cable or get an HDMI repeater? even they look hit or miss. Can anyone offer some advice this as the short cables are really limiting my play area.

Thanks
Scott

Soldato
Try this one

'CSL - 4K Ultra HD Displayport to HDMI adapter with audio transmission'

It has worked for everyone.

Probably should read the OP and read the title properly ;) :p

OP, I'v got a generic StarTech one and it works fine, What I found at first was that the HDMI into the Graphics card needed a slight wiggle as the connector is possibly not made to the "highest" tolerances.

Soldato
I use Amazon basics 1.8m extension. Works a treat. As I understand it once you go over 2m things get hit and miss.
Also are you using hdmi out on your GPU? I used to without trouble however when I got my new GPU I had to use different as my pc was using hdmi. I had no joy with DVI adapters, my 1st DP to hdmi adapter worked when directly connected to rift (cheap £2.50 passive jobbie) but I needed the £9 one recommended on these forums before it worked with extension too

Last edited:
Associate
I have a basic HDMI cable that i bought from ocuk the same time i bought my rift, i only wanted it to go from the back of the pc (plugged directly into GPU) to the front of the pc so i could easily connect it up, works a dream.

Just checked my order history, this is the one:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £3.95 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the replies. I just swapped out my 970 for a 1080 and hey presto the cable works. Maybe the 1080 outputs a stronger signal or something?
Thanks again
Scott

Back
Top Bottom