Headphone recommendations (oh yes another one of these threads!)

Soldato
Sorry guys but after reading through the forums all day I’m left with more questions than I originally started with so need some advice.

Today my daughter finally killed off my current headphones (Plantronics Audio 90s) so I’m looking for a replacement for listening to TV, DVDs, music and gaming via an Audigy 2 card.

I bought the Plantronics a couple of years ago for gaming needs as it had a built in mic but to be honest I’ve not used it in the last year so that’s not a must. I was interested in the idea of the 5.1 headsets (such as the Medusas) but from what I’ve read they don’t seem to be too great for 2 channel sounds (music/tv), is this correct?

Also how do headphones from the more PC friendly companies (plantronics/ Sennheiser /creative) compare to the usual high street brands (Sony / Technics / etc) and why would I choose one of these over the latter?

And at the moment the only real requirement I can think of is an inline volume control so based on the above what do you recommend? :)

Soldato
OP
Well I popped out to the shops today to have a look around and was disappointed by the lack of headphones available.

The only full can Sennheisers I could find were a wireless pair (RS120) and seeing how they were from a well known catalogue store I though I’d give them a go considering a can return if I don’t like them.

Anyway I’ve been testing them out this afternoon/evening and I’m actually very impressed. As they work over RF I was expecting them to suffer from interference but so far they have been fine and the room they are being used in has loads of electrical gear and various wireless stuff.

Now I’m no audiophile so can’t really judge how good/bad the sound quality technically is but to me they sound miles better than my old plantronics with clear and full sounds. So thumbs up from me. :)

Back
Top Bottom