Headphones between up to £1,000 ~ Gaming and drum and bass

Soldato
I'm after a pair of new headphones, I've got a pair of u12t IEMs but I just don't like IEMs. I think I'm after open back headphones, although I've heard for bass closed back would be better so I'm open to suggestions. One of the reasons I liked open back is I seem to talk loudly with closed-back headphones so need to hear my voice somewhat. I have a GoXLR, iFi Zen Can and Shure SM7B mic so just need a headset without a mic..

I recently bought the DT 900 Pro x but the clamping force is hurting my head, on top of that my ears only seem to just about fit in the cups, which I think is fine but something to bear in mind.

I had the HD599 special edition which fit ok and was rather comfortable as a cheap entry headset. I mainly listen to drum and bass, rap, grime and things with a good bass, so yea' I guess a bass is kind of important.

My budget was 200-500 but I think I might just buy a end game headset off of the bat.

I've read the Beyerdynamic Amiron are super comfy so that's what I'm currently eyeing up,

I'm debating upping my budget and maybe getting the HiFiMan Arya Organic, although I've read mixed things about the clamp.

Do you have any recommendations, please?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom