Heads-up on HE400i on sale

Just noticed these are on sale for only £180! with the current price of the HD650's these are a total bargain surely?

I did email hifiman during the summer having a polite rant about the UK never being able to get in the their summer sales and Mark emailed me back saying that "Plans are afoot", so hopefully this is what he meant.

I was tempted to grab the 560 which was already on sale (£383) but with the 400i at only £180 I'm wondering whether the 560 it's really worth the 200 extra?

Anyone else grabbing one at this price?

I've just sent mine back, really glad I got the chance to audition them, for the money they are a bargain, but, they are supposed to be an upgrade to my K712's and although they were technically better in some areas it wasn't enough of an upgrade for me for the outlay, the sound stage was a too intimate for me, I will miss the air between the instruments on them though, that stood out straight away, also nice bass.

To be honest I was quite surprised that they sounded more similar to my K712's than dissimilar. Overall I found the 400i's a little too warm for me which meant I lost out on some genres of music.

I think what this has taught me is I need to up my game, I have the HD600 on my list of 'cheaper' headphones to try but I have a bad feeling I'm going to need something like the HD800/s to really be satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom