Headsets for Big heads?

Associate
I’ve been stuck on headsets for years - I never trust buying expensive ones online because all the cheap ones I’ve bought over the years never seem to fit, and I never wanted the hassle of sending them back. I’ve considered just getting a mic for my desk and wearing earbuds - or do you guys have any good budget recommendations? Not looking to spend a fortune since I’m always skeptical that they won’t fit.

Associate
OP
With the money spent on cheapos over the years, you would have probably gotten ones made by actual audio maker.
Those really doesn't cost that much, especially if separate mic isn't out of question.
In fact compared to Nvidia's prices good headphones are almost semi-free.

Do you have quite or noisy environment?
That decides if also open headphones are good or you need closed ear cup headphones.

And what's the use/what kind sound you would prefer?
Focus of details like foot steps at the expense of shy/weak bass, or some above neutral bass fun?
Probably just gaming really, footsteps and such would be ideal. The ones I’ve bought were like turtle beaches and trittons over the years since those specific ones did fit me (for awhile until the cheap plastic always breaks haha) I guess I’ll start off with just a separate mic and earbuds for now since most options seem expensive for right now (I’m moving house soon) so wanna save a little on top of my pc purchase

Associate
OP
I ended up going with the Sennheiser GSP 300. Fits my big head perfectly, mic seems to work fine when in parties & sounds are good. Very flexible too, so should last me a year or so with heavy use, then I can just simply purchase another! :) Thanks for the suggestions though guys! I checked out the majority of them.

Associate
OP
I tried on loads in the end and got a pair of Logitech G332 they are more than fine for what I'm using them for very comfortable with big head and glasses haha.
Ah I didn't see your comment, I also have a big head and wear glasses - the GSP 300s are fine for me and don't feel like my head is being squished like a watermelon with 500 elastic bands! :) I'll look at those ones if/when my new ones break though!

Back
Top Bottom