Healthier eating, healthy snack ideas?

Soldato
Hi,

So I'm quite the snacker, the problem is my snacks are not the healthiest, I also feel like I have a big appetite, so I would like a snack that's reasonable filling.

One thing I was doing was for breakfast, and even for dinner, or maybe tea instead sometimes I was having greek yoghurt with chia seeds, I found the pleasantly filling, and tasty, but only the full fat greek style, the fat free ones are horrible.

I am concerned about the fat content and I'm sure it was contributing to me gaining weight.

I exercise, average around 80 miles a week by bicycle over 2 to 3 rides, in the process of increasing mileage.

I get in the habit of panicking what I eat, or having too much junk snacks, then trying to starve myself, the problem is, if I skip a meal, I find this makes me more likely to binge eat on a night.

I'm trying to include more veg for meals, I enjoy jacket potatoes so I am trying to eat more healthy.

But any meal ideas, snack ideas, advice very much needed as I'm getting panicky about my weight, more so due to power to weight ratio for cycling really though!

Soldato
OP
I love the greek yoghurt but only full fat, tried low fat and it just doesn't taste good at all, you can tell the fat makes it what it is.

I have a small mug, like the ones you get at christmas markets and that's what I fill with the yoghurt and chia seeds, would you say that's too calorific?

Soldato
OP
I'm doing about 80-100 miles on average cycling per week, outside of that I don't do much exercise, I am always on the move though. Probably burn about 4000-6000 calories a week, seems fairly accurate since it's got accurate power calculation from my power meter.

Back
Top Bottom