Heat pumps

Soldato
With the push for everyone to get rid of their gas boilers, and news that the government are going to offer a 5k grant for people to fit them, what are peoples views on them? I admit to knowing very little about them, or how they work, or even how efficient they are. We had a combi boiler fitted a couple of years ago 'for efficiency' and tbh I think I preferred our old immersion tank set up, but then I am old :p
https://news.sky.com/story/boiler-u...r-5-000-grant-to-replace-gas-boilers-12437657

Soldato
OP
Going to be great when all the neighbours have these things whirring away 24/7 in the winter, we all know what fans are like after a few years.

This is limited to 90,000 homes so only a drop in the ocean of the change required but may help with improving efficiency and cost of production. The government will have to do a lot more to help though if this is the direction the country is going, you can't just force people to be greener by increasing the cost of everything. It unfairly impacts the poorest in society who can't afford to upgrade and can't afford the increased energy costs.
Tbh I don't think the government much cares about poor people...

Soldato
OP
they wont relax the regulations just because of terraced properties that never happens in our industry

its because of noise complaints you cant have it next to others peoples properties

you will just have something else its not everything is going to be heat pumps guys

heat pumps are just the "in thing" at the moment just like solar was and all the grants for solar years and years ago

That looks ridiculous, and is nearly as wide as my house. :p

Back
Top Bottom