Heatsink Spec

Associate
Hi All,

Looking to upgrade my stock heatsink soon (hopefully Santa has me on the nice list!!) and was looking for some advise/suggestions.

My current setup is:

FX4100
Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3
HD 7850 2GB
XFX 650W
Agility 3 90GB SSD
WD Green Caviar 750GB

Looking at something like the following:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-039-AR&groupid=701&catid=2330&subcat=

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-035-CM&groupid=701&catid=2330&subcat=

Budget is probably around £40 as I don't really want to spend too much over that.

Associate
OP
Thanks Helios I'll look in to them tonight!

May also be worth adding that I have a fan spare, sorry I forgot to mention this.

Associate
OP
No problem, almost the weeked!, well I have tomorrow off so it is the weekend for me at 4 ;)

I'm liking the look and reviews of the CM 612s. So tonight i'll measure my case to make sure it'll fit and if it does put it on the old Christmas. If I get it i'll add the Xigmatek on so it has two fans.

Might be a stupid question but the 'push & pull' setup which i've seen people speaking about would that be a fan either side of the heatsink one pulling the air through one side and the other pushing it out the heatsink the other side?

Associate
OP
Ah cool, that makes more sense :)

It does look nice and the design where one rad is thinner than the other side is a good idea!. May be out of my price range though :(

I'll take some measurements tonight if I get some time and do a little more research then post what i've found :D

Associate
OP
Another question, Do I need to by TIM as well or do all HSF come with it already?. If not then i'll check out Stulid's thread unless someone can recommend a popular one?

Associate
OP
Haha awesome thanks again for the help doyll!

Ive found the Thermalright HR-02 Macho in clearence for £21 so I think just to be safe I'll do a little research and add some TIM in case it doesnt come with any!.

Also going to double check them measurements you said about in a previous post to make sure its all good (measure twice, buy once theory haha)

Associate
OP
how is it performing for you (If you've got it already?)I do like the look of the Silver Arrow's they look beastly! But at £21 I think i'll take a HR-02 and give it a test ;)

Was looking to add another fan on it when I get it and they say its a TY-140 but I can only find TY-141 is the 140 still made or was it replaced but the 141? might take a look on that trusty biding site.

Associate
OP
Cool, I think you've persuaded me to get it this evening after work :)

Ah I see, I guess that makes sense as to why they didn't put a second on....I just thought Thermalright were being cheap haha think I'll give a second one a miss as 1/2*C is not really important to me IMO.

Associate
OP
That's what I was confused about...in the title its says **B Grade** Thermalright HR-02 Macho CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775/LGA1156/LGA1155/LGA1366) buit in the description is says

"Multiple support bracket system For Socket 1366/1156/1155/775 & AM2/AM3"

I dropped OCUK a webnote asking if all the bracket system parts would be included in which they replied:

"The cooler should have it's fittings as we would be unable to sell this item if it did not.

Condition should be fairly good but may have slight cosmetic damage."

So I think I'm going to risk it and see what turns up haha.

Associate
OP
Ok, so that parts have arrived I think I have most of it but there seems to be one metal plate I think I'm missing. Going to take and upload some photos, would you be able to take a look and advise doyll?.

Associate
OP
CIMG1805.jpg

CIMG1804.jpg

CIMG1803.jpg

CIMG1802.jpg

CIMG1801.jpg

CIMG1800.jpg

CIMG1799.jpg

CIMG1797.jpg

Associate
OP
My concerns are that TIM was already applied, the dents in the copper pip at the top and that im missing a metal plate?

Associate
OP
Ok, I now know what im missing. I'm missing 4 rubber/felt triangles which go on each corner of the fan which im guessing is to stop vibration on the heatsink?. I'm also missing which looks to be a square rubber grommit which goes in the cut out on the black back plate. Will I need these bits?.

EDIT: You can see the black rubber square in the above picture. Im assuming its so the metal doesnt touch the back of the motherboard?

Back
Top Bottom