Heaviest mouse on the market?

Soldato
Unlike a lot of people, it seems, I like a heavy mouse. I used to have a M.A.D Catz RAT 7 mouse that you could configure to be any shape and size you want, and I used to love that mouse. I now have a Logitech G502 with all of the weights installed, but it isn't anything like the old mouse. I would have kept that mouse, but it broke which was a real shame and now they don't seem to be sold anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a new mouse at all? Cheaper is better, but I'm prepared to spend if it means I get an excellent mouse out of the deal.

Soldato
OP
Like you, I also prefer the heavier mouse. I gave up years ago because I couldn't find any ambidextrous shapped heavy mice :(

That is a shame. I'll continue to dream :). Fortunately, I can go with a normal right-handed mouse but I do miss the heavier weights you used to be able to get.

Soldato
OP
@OP: You could always look into getting some custom weights made for your g502? Maybe a denser/heavier material, there might even be something like that out there already.

If there isn't that is a ready-made business right there. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm trying to remember. Was the RAT 7 a laser mouse? If it was I wouldn't mind going for the ROG Spatha if it really is a heavy mouse. I'm just a bit nervous as I've heard so many people say laser mice were terrible I have no idea if I would like it or not. I guess I could always send it back if it sucked but that is a PITA.

Soldato
OP
It seems like the RAT 7 is a laser sensor, which again I wouldn't personally recommend, but if you were happy with it.

What about the RAT 8+? It seems very similar to the RAT 7 but comes with an optical sensor, and is very nearly as heavy at 145g (not counting the cable), compared to the 158 or so of the RAT 7. Although a fully loaded G502 is supposed to be in excess of 160g. Did you buy the Lightspeed or the Hero version?

Review for you:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/mad-catz-rat-8/7.html

The author actually lists as a negative that it's one of the heaviest mice he's ever used, but that's a plus for you! lol

Hmm, I didn't even know that existed. My hand is hovering over the buy button from OCUK right now. I'm going to have to think about this.

As for the G502 I have the Proteus Spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom