Hello... my first post :)

Associate
Hi all,

Thought I'd make my first post by saying hello. I used to use the site a number of years ago but took a very long break due to things in Real Life™ taking priority.

Anyway I'm now thinking about upgrading my aged PC so figured I'd browse here again to try to get back up to speed with what's happened in the PC world in the past 5 years :) ...and maybe post a bit in the Linux section again too.

Right, that's enough for now. Time to do some more reading of posts and stickies.

Cheers,
Derp

ps - answering the questions on the account sign-up was a nightmare (What's the capital of Volombia? How many beats in a minute? What is the name of the Emperial space fighters in Star Wars?)... took me ages! :D

Soldato
Welcome!
Normally I would refer you to the welcome sub-forum, but this might be of interest in GD.
ps - answering the questions on the account sign-up was a nightmare (What's the capital of Volombia? How many beats in a minute? What is the name of the Emperial space fighters in Star Wars?)... took me ages! :D

WTF?

Welcome to our close-knit clan :)

Surprised I am with the security questions you got asked though. Most forums I've been on sends you an activation email to make your account live. I guess spambots can get around that? I knew questions 2 and 3.. would have to google the 1st question.

Soldato
Yeah ocuk had odd questions to prove i was human when i signed up.. Along with waiting 2 days to get validated if i remember rightly :')

Back
Top Bottom