Help an MMO noob

Associate
That's what I mean! It's one of the oldest and has the biggest fanbase so everyone stays with it because they don't want to have to make new clan buddies. Like nobody wants to move away from Facebook because their friends are there.

It's not even close to being the oldest. I might have a lot of active servers but when you can only play on a single one it makes no difference whether there are 50 or 1, as long as there is 1 busy server.

Soldato
OP
I gave LOTRO a go last night after it finally downloaded, the intro seems to be just running backwards and forwards a lot (and not much else).

Soldato
I gave LOTRO a go last night after it finally downloaded, the intro seems to be just running backwards and forwards a lot (and not much else).

Lotro is quite dated, but if your a fan of Tolkien you do get to visit all the major iconic places within Middle Earth plus your Epic story quest runs alongside the fellowship. Graphically, if your maxing it in Dx11 some of the area's are visually stunning.

Roll a Minstrel (or Runekeeper) and you can do everything, solo the hardest content with awesome DPS (and heal) whilst always being in demand for groups. If you stick with it the game will open up and get a lot more involving.

Like all MMo's the 'go kill 10 rats' or 'fetch 10 buckets' are usually staple starting quests.

Associate
WoW has been dumbed down for new players so you should be fine in it while leveling, but I recommend you do research on dungeons n what not when you hit the cap because everybody is elitist and you will be sniped if you don't know how to play your class / die to stupid stuff.

Soldato
You cant beat world of warcraft for an MMO to be honest, but if you are just looking for a free one then +1 to rift.

Personally, i think wow is still worth it (i dont play it anymore due to uni commitments but look forward to firing it up again in a few months).

Back
Top Bottom