Help an OSX noob 'learn the ropes' (potential OSX sticky ideas)

Man of Honour
Just picked up a new Dual Core Mac Mini, but it's still in it's box begging to be unleashed. :eek:

While I'm no Linux novice (had a Gentoo box running for 2½ years almost 24/7/365 and never had a single brown trouser moment), my most recent Mac experience was a Macintosh LC (circa 1992), so I'm just a bit behind the times. :eek: :D

So, what tips, tricks, free software, etc. do you know? Anything goes so long as it's legal and within the forum rules. No matter how obvious you may think it is, it may not be obvious to me. :)

PS - if there is enough quality content, I can probably be coaxed into making this into a sticky. :)

It'll be just for having a bit of fun with probably. I have Linux and Windows machines for development and that won't change. Depending on how good the software is, the SuperDrive may see some considerable use. Same goes for Bluetooth. :)

Founder_film said:
I think I am done, anything else you need?
I'll be using Windows keyboard/mouse, but I get the Apple/Command = Windows key thing, though I expect it'll take some getting used to. :eek: :)

Not sure when it'll get plugged in. Probably Friday as my setup has a maximum capacity of four PCs and they're all in use.

Anyway, keep the suggestions coming. The OSX sticky awaits. :)

Back
Top Bottom