HELP bst m8's fudged his comp!!!

Associate
GUYS HELP!!

My best friend has messed up his computer, he’s installed a new SATA drive in his comp (this is his second SATA Drive) and used it with the intension of replacing his IDE drive.

Anyway, he powered the drive (which had a MOLEX connector instead of a SATA power cable) with the same cable that went to his ATI X700 graphics card (which had a ploppy drive power connector on it). Anyway, now his monitor will not come on when he switches the computer on, he just get’s the ‘no signal’ message. He’s tried taking the drive out, he’s tried swapping the graphics card for a Gforce 4 that doesn’t require aux power from the PSU and he’s also tried every cable connection he can imaging, any idea what the hell he’s done wrong and how he can fix it?

all drives were installed on raid 0

processor is some kind of P4

Associate
OP
Dark_Angel said:
Has he tried to reset the CMOS?

Also does the CPU fans and everything else turn? he could possibly try to reseat his CPU I suppose, and MAKE SURE to check the ram is seated right.

i think he has tried to reset the CEMOS but yes all the fans and s sturf come on, everything springs into life except the monitor, and he's checked every connection too

Associate
OP
WJA96 said:
You really need a PCI VGA card to test the board with.
done that.. done everything, changed the graphics car, psu even tried running it bare minimum.. nothing

even tried 2 different PC speakers because the boards just not made ANY noise...

i mean if you take the ram out and well everything out and power a mobo you get warning bleeps.. but nothing, so its pretty much a cirtanty the mobo has gone to the silicon beyonde

the mobo is Gigabyte btw... who i think are the worst mobo manufacturer EVER... as i've had this peice of crap *kicks computer * for 3 years.. and i've had nothing but greif ;__; both this and my mum's computer are both Gigabyte mobos and oh my god their cheppness shines through! *ends rant*

anyone know where my m8 can get a 748 P4 mobo from ASAP... when i mean ASAP i mean by tomorrow morning, he's got a website to run and he's loosing money without his comp (about £40 a day)

Associate
OP
jellybeard999 said:
dead bios mate

try a hotflash, changing the battery, and if it comes down to it, order a pre flashed bios chip

how the hell can you flash the bios? he cant even get a picture on the screen :confused:

and the bios chip doesn't even come out on his mobo which is very stupid and unusual <_<

Associate
OP
jellybeard999 said:

ok sorry dude :p but, where are my friend or I supposed to aqquire a BIOS chip :confused: i mean.... if we had a working mother board lying arounf we'd use that one to fix it :D

if anyone happens to HAVE a spare BIOS chip that may fit an old 478 intel mobo, please put it on the members market or just email me.

Back
Top Bottom