Help building a gaming pc for my son

Associate
Hi guys my son has just turned 13 and is desperate for a gaming pc, he has wanted one for a year or so and has been saving his spending money, birthday money etc and were going to put money towards it (we've only waited until now as its an expensive purchase and my wife and I wanted to make sure he was serious about it) his budget is about £800. He wants to play games like fortnite and to be able to stream them and create youtube videos so will need to be able to edit them etc. I work with pc's and laptops doing hardware repairs so building won't be a problem, however I don't have a clue what kind of hardware to get to build a decent gaming pc or what would be compatible so here I am seeing if you guys can assist with this please?

He already has an ASUS HDMI monitor and an ADX keyboard and mouse that he uses with his XBOX so just the PC that we need to get.

Thanks

Dan

Associate
Lucky for you £800 is enough for a decent gaming pc.

I have been waiting for one of these threads because I want to give some pc parts for nothing.

The parts in question is a amd 2700x processor and 2x8 GB 8 pack ram at 3200mhz.

I'll see how this pans out as I could save you some money and thus get a better gpu or motherboard.

Will let you know when I am ready to give or not or with whatever happens because I am upgrading my pc.

Dan.

Soldato

Associate
Because your new and also unsure about what pc parts to get for a decent gaming pc, the 2700x will do the job fine or the ryzen 3600 if buying new.

If you buy new I know 800 quid can get you a decent gaming pc.

Associate

For example this build will suit your son's needs very well.

Associate
OP
lltfdaniel thanks so much for replying, very generous offer :) I would definitely be interested if you do want to upgrade and would be more than happy to pay you for the old parts that you replace, only problem is my son is desperate to get this project under way so may not be keen on waiting as already had to for over a year lol, but please let me know thanks :)

Associate
OP
orbitalwalsh nice one for putting me a shopping list together really appreciate that, so this has everything we need to build him a decent gaming pc then and it comes in on budget :)

Soldato
orbitalwalsh nice one for putting me a shopping list together really appreciate that, so this has everything we need to build him a decent gaming pc then and it comes in on budget :)

no worries, would need to flash newest bios to mobo but isnt to hard with MSI boards with USB flash ability

nothing special but damn good performance for pricing - though personally vega 56 should be at £200

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zota...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-11c-zt.html

would push budget to limit

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £828.55 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

Associate
lltfdaniel thanks so much for replying, very generous offer :) I would definitely be interested if you do want to upgrade and would be more than happy to pay you for the old parts that you replace, only problem is my son is desperate to get this project under way so may not be keen on waiting as already had to for over a year lol, but please let me know thanks :)

Yeah i will let you know asap, am perfectly happy giving it to you for free, it would save you quite a lot of money about around about £200, the ram and processor cost's 400 quid if bought new but yeah.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £408.68 (includes shipping: £8.70)

The ryzen 2700x will do the job for your son, am confident about that, anyways spend the money saved on a more expensive gpu or whatever, anyways do that when i say i have the parts to give only just in case only after i say i have the parts hopefully.

Should be ready to give pc parts around 1 weeks time if lucky.

Edit you might need to buy a cpu cooler, i would supply the thermal cpu paste for nothing as well, anyways i will let you know when i am ready then all things will come clear.

Dan.

Last edited:
Soldato
Orbital probably knows more than some of us, but usually coolermaster power supplies are not included in a spec list, usually something better out there and also probably better with a 2600 as it’s used and tested not to mention cheaper and works with b450 boards without bios flash, just food for thought otherwise what he mocks up will usually be best bang for buck.

Associate
With lovely savings.. gaming monitor ;)

No need to increase power of GPU ... Not for a while ;)

Actually didn't think of that, good idea.

When I'm ready I'll let you know, £200 can get a nice monitor and it is my pleasure to help out with pc parts.

When I give the all clear then proceed with buying things from saved money from the parts I give.

By that time I would have posted the pc parts.

Dan.

Associate
I have good and bad news,

The good news is that i have the 2700x and 2x8gb of 8 pack ram @ 3200 mhz ready to be shipped.

The bad news is that i have no money spent most of it on the 3700x, so i cannot afford the shipping cost.

Is it possible to do a direct bank transfer of money of like £20?

I am happy with £20 just for the shipping also i will need your address, you could give me a trust email or personal message on this website.

Dan.

Soldato
@Dan Barlow - the above is legit, @lltfdaniel does this a lot and is his choice/generous (he knows my feelings on this) - so you don't have to worry whether it's a scam. Suggest you do a search on his posts for peace of mind.

That all said - he's had to ask for £20 as he's clearly strapped - i would chuck him £100 (your choice). You'll still have stumbled across an amazing deal, and @lltfdaniel won't be ridiculously short on funds and still get his endorphin hit from helping someone out. He's too generous/daft to ask himself as he made the initial offer for gratis and so won't cover his immediate needs.

/bows out as between you and him now...

Last edited:
Associate
Definitely not a scam,

You will need to get a am4 cpu cooler, i have provided the thermal paste in picture below.

67211372_10157412004282375_5598353827246899200_o.jpg

67591924_10157411982717375_3386899707979628544_o.jpg

67059928_10157411984767375_3858690921868558336_o.jpg

67263888_10157412009117375_2110598632070709248_o.jpg

Ready to be shipped.

Dan.

Last edited:
Associate
@Dan Barlow - the above is legit, @lltfdaniel does this a lot and is his choice/generous (he knows my feelings on this) - so you don't have to worry whether it's a scam. Suggest you do a search on his posts for peace of mind.

That all said - he's had to ask for £20 as he's clearly strapped - i would chuck him £100 (your choice). You'll still have stumbled across an amazing deal, and @lltfdaniel won't be ridiculously short on funds and still get his endorphin hit from helping someone out. He's too generous/daft to ask himself as he made the initial offer for gratis and so won't cover his immediate needs.

/bows out as between you and him now...

He needs to look at this post > https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32789163

Dan.

Associate
What an absolute darling @lltfdaniel is... Its nice to know there's people out there like you mate... I saw you help others out in the past, RESPECT :)[/QUOTE

Don't know what to say but this,

Whatever happens really, i am still happy to give for free entirely as there would be nothing to complain about but yeah the parts work fine.

@Dan Barlow When i get paid i will ship this, if this is too long to wait then you could make a gaming pc out of the bits i gave for yourself so you could play with your son if your up to that maybe prehaps.

But i prefer to wait when i get paid again instead of giving me £20 pounds.

Dan.

Back
Top Bottom