Help ! Crashed now it isnt working

Associate
Hi,

About 2 days ago i installed a new CPU and motherboard and everything was smooth. Apart from being an idiot and re-formatting the wrong HD during a new Windows Install.
However i noticed some strange things. I like to put my PC to sleep rather than turn off, but twice now i've gone back to it and its on, saying it dumped and re-started.
It seemed to be behaving tonight apart from when i was playing World of Tanks when the game crashed twice and then the third time was when my PC froze completely. Nothing worked apart from a hard power off.

Now i cant power up. Nothing on the monitor. When I had a look inside i noticed the motherboard doesnt display the Debug monitor thing (Inproper start up) and my CPU fan isnt working. ??

Has my PSU gone ?

Also something else when i was checking everything, turning the power supply on the back started the PC ?? random.

CPU: I5 4760K
Mobo : MSI Z97 Gaming 5
Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengance
GPU: Sapphire R9 270X
PSU: Corsair 650w

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just to update, the non power up was caused due to the Motherboard connector not seated correctly. ? Somehow. Anyway, that's sorted.

However i am still getting a crash when the PC is asleep. I checked the logs and it was a error 41 - Kernel Power. Going to run Memtest tonight

In addition im now getting a random high pitched squeal every now and again. No idea where from exactly. I've tried to narrow it down, but i cant find it. Somewhere in the top half of the motherboard. GPU Upwards.
I've disabled two of the fans on the top when the nosie was going off, but it didnt stop. I have one more then i can rule out case fans

Associate
OP
I just tried to run Prime 95, and my monitor went blank.
It did turn off and back on occasionally, but most of the time it was on but blank. Couldn't see the logs ?

Back
Top Bottom