Help - Ebay account Hacked

Soldato
My ebay account was hacked not ago.

No idea how. Something is failing on their end for account security. I havn't used my ebay account in like a year yet somehow someone gained access and was able to change my email / password and list a bunch of stuff for sale....

Most likely they did it via social engineering calling some idiot in India working in their call centers.

I warn you now......................their customer service is utterly utterly abhorrent. By far worst company i've ever had to deal with.

Soldato
I was hacked last month. I woke up and noticed a ton of spam emails in my inbox and there was for a purchase of a Sat Nav. The PayPal email had the fraudsters address "29 Brush Street Burnley, Lancashire BB11 5AR" and status was showing as confirmed .

Soldato
I was hacked last month. I woke up and noticed a ton of spam emails in my inbox and there was for a purchase of a Sat Nav. The PayPal email had the fraudsters address "29 Brush Street Burnley, Lancashire BB11 5AR" and status was showing as confirmed .

Theft aside, that's awesome. They probably ordered the Sat-Nav because they'd previously got lost. The actual post-code for that address is BB11 5EL.

Soldato
OP
update - paypal and ebay have been ok - refunded everything but the 2 delivery charges so I am only £40 down at the moment, hopefully will get that back in 7 days.

Unfortunately 2 of the items have been dispatched, not my problem but it means the scumbag will likely get something. Seems what happened is quite common, as ebay gave me my account back almost instantly, changed all my details back - the fraudster had even hidden the purchases hoping I wouldn't see them, and I guess I wouldn't have noticed for quite a while if paypal hadn't been sending me receipts.

Lesson learned!

Back
Top Bottom