Help finding someone to look after my friends cat while they look for a new home

mof

mof

Associate
My friend is going to have to move out without much notice into a new accomadation where she can't bring her cat.

She's hoping to find someone who can look after her cat until she can move to somewhere that allows pets.

Hopefully we will find someone who is able to look after the cat for a while.

Are there any organisations or groups who might be able to look after her cat temporarily and then let her take the cat home again?

Unfortunately we don't how long it will be before she will be in a position to take the cat home again.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Soldato
Posting anything to do with cats is usually reserved for my local facebook groups. I usually have to scroll past at least 1 lost cat post a day to get to the real content of parking disputes and barking dogs.

Caporegime
Firstly you need to look locally and that would mean Facebook groups, most likely.
Ring a local Vets for advice.
Ring the most local to you, wherever that may be, cat/dog shelter, even if its battersea or something MILES away.
They might have contacts.
I'm more than willing to look after the cat but i live 1500KM from London so i dunno if that helps?

Yeah why cant you take the cat seems easy and obvious.

Last edited:
Soldato
We have a friend who fosters cats so there are people out there. Try contacting a local cat rescue for advice. The indefinite part is unfortunately where she is going to have problems though. Maybe better luck contacting family and friends to see if anyone can take the cat.

Soldato
My friend couldn't find any single flat in London at her budget that accepted cats, but when she looked for two beds there were many options. She ended up moving in with a friend, plus cat. Plus running and rent costs were lower.

Back
Top Bottom