Help getting the right web host and website template

Associate
I need to get a website built (going to try myself but will probably end up getting someone to help).

But the first step I need is to choose the right hosting package / company to ensure it will get me what I want.

The website is basically going to be a site where people can upload their own photos. They will need to be able to log in (so i know i will need a database or 2 linked) and upload their own photos.

I don't know if the photos will need to be stored either in my 'web space' or in a database. But the photos need to be able to be shared, commented upon, and also rated by other users.

I've been looking at 123-reg but I am concerned that the 150mb database limit will be a problem. It has unlimited web space. Will i need the web space or the database storage for the photos?

Can anyone recommend a particular web hosting package this will cater for the site?

Also can anyone recommend a template for the website... a friend has recommended either a forum template, or a social media template, neither of which seem quite right for what I need.

mine is through TSO host, reasonably priced and are rather helpful it seems

lots of easy to use plugins that will have your site up and running in no time too

thanks for the help guys. can anyone answer the other 2 quetions...

I don't know if the photos will need to be stored either in my 'web space' or in a database?

Also can anyone recommend a template for the website... a friend has recommended either a forum template, or a social media template?

You'll need a database to store the users logins in and also the comments. The images would be stored using web space.
It doesn't sound eay to pull off though with little experience.

i did have a basic version of it working 4 years ago using a forum based template but it wasnt particularly good, and didnt have a lot of the features i want now. so im gonna try myself and see how far i can get, and then maybe pay someone to do the rest

Back
Top Bottom