Help....Horrible static/snow noise!

Associate
Hey, recently I've been having problems with my computer's sound where the sound is crackly. It used to be on and off but now its doing it all the time, which is obviously quite annoying.

Anyway, I've tried another soundcard and tried using the monitors inbuilt speakers instead of my 5.1 speakers, but the problem persists.

I was wondering if anyone here could help out with any suggestions on how to fix the problem? Thanks in advance :)

Associate
OP
Is that likely to be the problem? Only it took me some effort getting this computer stable and I dont want to go changing anything like the BIOS. I don't understand why it has been working for months and all of a sudden I've started getting this problem.

Associate
Well i'd imagen seeing as how you've tryed two different soundcards and speakers that it would have to be a motherboard problem. I dont definitely know if updating the bios will fix your sound but its worth a try. Did your motherboard have onboard sound disabled when you used your soundcards? Does your sound make static noises with onboard sound on and no pci soundcard? What soundcard do you use, x-fi?

Associate
OP
ok, so apprently I have to update the chipset drivers before I update the BIOS, but the installer for the drivers crashes :confused: This is getting annoying as it makes listening to music almost impossible

I was using my onboard sound and now I'm using some cheapo external usb soundcard. And yes I do have a wireless router next to my computer but doesn't seem to help if I move it

Edit: Managed to get the BIOS updated....static is still there :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom