Help identifying a font?

Associate
I have used http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ to try and figure out what font is used in this logo:

logo.jpg

From the suggestions I think it could be "Clobber Grotesk" but don't want to pay the £25 as just testing different ideas just now. I am looking for suggestions of a similar rounded font thats free.

Any ideas?

AJK

AJK

Associate
Have you tried searching through Google Web Fonts, now that Th3M8dH8tt3r has told you about it?

Associate
Google Web Fonts should be the first place you go to. It has thousands of fonts for free. there's filters to set height, width, thickness, slant...all that sort of stuff and a search box.

If you're into designing things it should be in your essential tools bucket. Go to place for fonts.

And, have you actually googled the image or a piece of the font asking what font it is? Google's search engine is ridiculously powerful now and will match content with content hopefully yielding your answer.

Soldato
I'm not a typographer by any means, but to me it looks like there's too much empty space, plus the kerning of that font is awful. Also, the font doesn't have any weight so when shrunk down to normal logo size on a website (say 200px width) it's very thin. The 'Consultancy' part is almost illegible.

As for colours, the red and yellow seem too saturated compared to the light blue. The grey works, but it's not the most inspiring choice.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh.

AJK

AJK

Associate
In the original post, you asked what font was used in the "rd" logo that you posted, I assume this means you didn't create it since you didn't know. So... are you just "borrowing" that idea for your own logo?

Associate
OP
I agree on the thickness of the font, doesn't work when sized down, might have another play around. As for the idea it dod come from somewhere else but so far I am just playing around.

Back
Top Bottom