Help identifying alloy wheels!

Soldato
So, purchased my new car yesterday and I'd prefer to have stock Golf R wheels on it.

Does anyone know what wheels these are? Difficult selling something not knowing what they are.

All I can see are markings stating 'RIM ENGLAND JIL/JWL' and that they're 8j.

I can't see anything on the inner rim.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

They look like Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 copies.

I say copies because Team Dynamics would have their name embossed on the outer face of the wheel. I could be wrong but the style is very very similar otherwise.

Where the alloys originally black? looks a bit like they've been powder coated - maybe a bit far fetched but could be someone has completely filled and smoothed the markings on the rim and coated.

Reactions: Dup
Where the alloys originally black? looks a bit like they've been powder coated - maybe a bit far fetched but could be someone has completely filled and smoothed the markings on the rim and coated.
Yeah they look powder coated, but no idea on their history.

Wow though, you may actually be right.. The markings are the same from what I can tell and even the same spacing apart..even the odd block ones.

Last edited:
Wow though, you may actually be right.. The markings are the same from what I can tell and even the same spacing apart..even the odd block ones.

Thing is I can't find any clones of them which are that close and the rest of the markings are the same but filled over, which makes me wonder if someone has for some reason gone to the effort of filling the outside rim, maybe while fixing curb damage then smoothed and powder coated a different shade.

Golf R on Primacy 4s?

At least they’re Michelin but that’s a bit of a red flag :/

Hardly a red flag, they are a decent Touring tyre, and contrary to popular opinion even new from the dealership Cars don't always come with PS5s or the equivalent "performance" tyre.

If anything the knock off wheels are more of a red flag - likely built to a far lesser standard than actual Team Dynamics wheels or the original VW Wheels.

If they're genuine wheels that have been refinished to such an extent, I would expect them to have manufacturer markings on the back of the spokes too that would hint at them being genuine rather than generic replicas

Michelins are a red flag?? no no no, linglongs are a red flag! Triangle are a red flag, Michelin is amber at most.

But Primacy 4s? On a Golf R?

It screams “I want nice stuff but won’t quite pay enough to have it”

Same energy as knock off alloys. Want nicer things but won’t pay proper money.

If you’re getting Primacy 4s, don’t get a Golf R. Especially when better tyres can be had for similar.

Just think it’s strange.

The Primacy 4 isn't significantly cheaper than a Pilot Sport (in fact at the moment on Blackcircles in 225/40R18 it would seem they're more expensive), so it's not really an indicator of someone being cheap, just a little odd that they'd choose a touring tyre - IIRC the advert said something about the car being surplus due to getting a work van, so perhaps it was being used as a commuter car more recently and that influenced tyre choice towards a touring tyre.

Yeah for all year around driving and doing distance touring tyres can make more sense, though some of the newer offerings can challenge that like the SportContact7 (albeit fall down on the wear lifespan).

Last edited:
I imagine they are genuine Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3, the later version of the Pro Race 1.2 which is basically identical apart from it was available in different sizes (up to 19 inch for the first time, if I recall correctly), and did away with the slightly naff Team Dynamics etching around the edge of the rim.

Its not an expensive/rare enough type of wheel for people to start knocking out replicas like TE37s, Work Emotion etc.

RIM ENGLAND on them would tally with the manufacturer/distributor which was Rimstock in West Bromwich for many years, but went bump in 2023.

I'm still thinking they'r pro race 1.2s which have been smoothed (And I can see why as the original design is awful)

Looking at pics on ebay etc, they don't appear to have any emblems on the inner ring etc either, but IF they were reps, I can't imagine a rep maker of wheels would go to the lengths to create the random block markings etc, normally they just copy the design.

Back
Top Bottom