Help: Looking to buy new pc

Associate
Hi there, Looking to buy a new PC. Originally was planning on building it myself however changed my mind on this due to there being a lot of stock issues. Looks like its best to go with a pre-built instead.

I am looking for something that I can do a bit of gaming and some music/video production. Its just something I want to use in my spare time so I am not looking to go all out trying to buy the best hardware because I think that would be overkill for something I would use from time to time.

I don't play a lot of games either, not many of the latest games or the Triple AAA titles interest me. The current games I play right now are Football Manager 2017 and Out of The Park Baseball 21. But I am looking for something that could play well on the Assassins creed series games (all of them, old and new), Red Dead Redemption, The Sims 4, Jurassic Park Evolution. I like building and simulation games, Rollercoaster tycoon etc.

On the music/video production, its just stuff with piano so nothing like streaming or anything like that.

I have looked on the website and saw this one: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...tel-core-i5-9400f-fs-1d7-og.html#t=a1b2c1e0g1 Would this be suitable for my needs? I am guessing I need a wireless adapter, although not sure which one to go for to be honest. Is that GTX 1660 Super and the CPU any good?

I will also require a monitor too, have not decided on this either.

Thanks

Soldato
Whats your budget and does that have to include the monitor?
What resolution and size monitor?

The 1660 super is a great card for 1080p gaming and is quite good at 1440p.
I would suggest at leaset 16 gig of ram with the option of going to 32 gig for the video/music production work

Associate
OP
Maximum I probably go is £1500, I can afford more if I need be but, for something in my spare time (not much of it :D) would have to decide if it was worth it.
Yes that includes the monitor. I'm not concerned if its 1080p or 1440p to be honest, never looked at a 1440p screen so I wouldn't know the difference. Which ever is best.
You any thoughts on that link I posted?

Soldato
for what your proposing to do it wil be fine.

The wifi adapter is ok but it depends on the speed of your wifi. If its ony 300 mbs your fine but if your router is faster than that you will be better off spedning more fore ana dapter that matcheds your wifi capability eg. 1300/1700/2600mbs etc.

Back
Top Bottom