Help making a choice

Associate
Hey all!

Looking at two monitors ATM, the LG 32gq850 and the LG 32gq950

One being 1440p 240hz and the other 4K 144hz (will be overclockered to 160hz)

What's people thoughts on this comparison?? I currently have and will be keeping my LG 32GP850 which is 1440p 180hz.

My thoughts are that if I go 4K I'm still relatively close to my current refresh rate and if I can't hit that on the 4K in competitive games then I can switch over to my 1440p screen for them games.

On the other hand is 240hz crazy good Vs 180hz or would I probably not even notice.

As someone who has never experienced 240hz or 4K i have no idea how to compare, I suppose not having experienced them means I don't know what I would be missing out on either way (ignorance is bliss)

morning mate, what gpu will you be using ?
Morning , I have a sapphire nitro+ 7900 XTX paired with a Ryzen 7 5800 X.

Also games I play are settlement games, RTS games, rocket league, Dota 2, halo infinite (pretty competitive at this), and other than that, atmospheric indie like what lightyear frontier will be like, or farm together, games that ain't really too hard to run

Last edited:
As you have a strong gpu I think I would go for 4k. I think you will feel the benefit in most the games you play and if you really feel you are missing the extra 20 fps in halo or rocket league you can use the LG32GP850
Thank you, I was thinking this too, just didn't know if that 240hz would really make a huge difference over my current monitor I guess haha

Thank you, I was thinking this too, just didn't know if that 240hz would really make a huge difference over my current monitor I guess haha

I think there will be a slight difference from 180 to 240. If you only played esports game then the 240hz would be the way to go. As you use you monitor for different games I think your get more enjoyment from the 4k monitor

I think there will be a slight difference from 180 to 240. If you only played esports game then the 240hz would be the way to go. As you use you monitor for different games I think your get more enjoyment from the 4k monitor
Yeah I suppose it makes sense, I don't even know if my system would get 1440p up to 240 anyways, maybe not in halo multiplayer and that's the only one where it really matters for me

Rocket League would be another one your get way over 240 fps
Oh also true, but I'm not too great at it, I'm only champ 1 haha, where I'm onyx in halo which is basically top rank if you've never played and being in EU, and ok onyx gets out up against pros, which is a joke haha

There's only me holding myself back in rocket league by being ass haha

Last edited:
Oh also true, but I'm not too great at it, I'm only champ 1 haha, where I'm onyx in halo which is basically top rank if you've never played and being in EU, and ok onyx gets out up against pros, which is a joke haha

There's only me holding myself back in rocket league by being ass haha

Ha, yeah my son used to play rocket league a bit but I wasn't too good at it.

Back
Top Bottom