Help me choose a motherboard for Ryzen

Associate
Hello, I don't know which mobo get for my Ryzen. I've been looking the ASRock X370 Killer mainly, ASUS X370 Prime Pro (this one would be kinda out of my budget, but can do an effort if worth), Gigabyte Gaming 3 and the MSI Tomahawk.
But the X370 Killer I was going to buy is like the slowest RAM speed (about 2600 MHz) and the Gigabyte Gaming 3, fastest 3200 Mhz, so I don't really know what to buy now even thought I've read the ASRock have more VRMs than the other motherboards, the B350 motherboards reach higher OCs and RAM speeds.

With people getting 3200 MHz+- with Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 and the Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 from reading at reddit, YouTube, other forums and the new rymem website http://rymem.vraith.com/detailed_ram/715, Im not sure anymore because of the RAM speeds of ASRock and OC.I dont really care much waiting more as long as ASRock gets its RAM speeds improved too but I dont want to buy a X370 motherboard and being left behind getting stuck at 29XX MHz with luck or lower when I can buy another b350 motherboard for higher RAM speed even with ASRock having more VRMs and supposedly better OCs, they're behind and RAM speeds are important for me.

The Asrock boards have been rather slow in coming to stock so there is not much information about them. All the motherboard manufacturers are struggling with RAM speed at the moment. I'm in a similar position to you as I want to see some decent reviews from sources I can trust. What I would do is keep checking the motherboard manufactures QVL which will list the RAM and the speed that has been tested with the board and the manufacture guarantees works with the motherboard. You might have to wait a while but at least you will be able to buy RAM knowing it works with your motherboard at the correct speed.

Asrock have been known for getting better memory speeds by there all motherboards will get ram up to 2997mhz with the latest microcode update. In fact a new microcode update is expected in a couple of weeks and people are anticipating getting their RAM upto 3200mhz.

Another option is to loosen the timings on your RAM. So, for example, if your RAM was 2400mhz CL14 then run it at 3200mhz CL27. Here's a video that explains it far better than i:

do you need all the extras with a X370 compared to AB350 ? I would ask myself that 1st! Money no object then do not ask yourself :D

I myself would throw the money saved on a better gpu

Back
Top Bottom