Help me decide

Soldato
Currently setting up seperate work machine as will be doing some freelance web dev/design stuff (hopefully a lot), and while I got most of what I really need, am looking to get something for design work.

Kind of floating between CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 and for around £100, or Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection for around £200. Both legit.

Not interested in Adobe's cloud. I won't be making enough money from this venture to justify that kind of expense.

I know Adobe's Creative Suite won't be getting further updates, but not sure how much that is really going to affect me.

I am leaning towards Creative Suite 6... but not absolutely sold. If Corel will make things easier for me going forward, will go that route.

Adobe CC. Really all you need is Photoshop but if you want to buy photoshop outright do that.
Photoshop + Sublime Text

+1 adobe CC subscription is great. It might seem expensive at first but in the long run buying CS4 to then buy CS5 when it comes out got rather silly. So paying a monthly subscription for every future update works out better.

In terms of sublime text 2, soon to be 3. It is fantastic, can't rate it highly enough and once you get to grips with it you'll find it hard to live without.

+1 adobe CC subscription is great. It might seem expensive at first but in the long run buying CS4 to then buy CS5 when it comes out got rather silly. So paying a monthly subscription for every future update works out better.

In terms of sublime text 2, soon to be 3. It is fantastic, can't rate it highly enough and once you get to grips with it you'll find it hard to live without.
Not forgetting the short hand plugin which I can't think of the name for but that thing is excellent too, Emmet or something :p

Yup Previously called Zen Coding, but recently changed to emmet. Man I love that thing.

Basically you can type something like
Code:
 ul#nav>li.item$*4>a{Item $}

hit tab and your resulting html code will be...

Code:
<ul id="nav">
	<li class="item1"><a href="">Item 1</a></li>
	<li class="item2"><a href="">Item 2</a></li>
	<li class="item3"><a href="">Item 3</a></li>
	<li class="item4"><a href="">Item 4</a></li>
</ul>

There is also the plugin browser, Package control. Once installed you can basically browse the entire libary of sublime text plugins and install them instantly.

https://sublime.wbond.net/installation

Back
Top Bottom