Help me diagnosis my memory settings/issue

Associate
Did I setup my memory right ...
I have this memory https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK64GX4M2E3200C16

4s9WBzg

a>

4s9WBzg

a>

This is without xmp1 on; I had it on xmp1 and I couldnt finish a timespy run, decided to try it without xmp and it ran fine.

I have a msi b550 unify with a 3900xt memory in the 2 + 4 slots to make 64 gigs.

First off - do I have them in the right slots? ... second should I not have it on xmp1 setting? I havnt fully tested my system yet since my build - only now just got a gpu so kind of putting it through the tests.

I dont see my particular memory listed in the compatability? CMK64GX4M2E3200C16
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MEG-B550-UNIFY-X#support-mem-19

I wonder if thats the issue, didnt think it would be an issue but maybe

Last edited:
Associate
If by slot 2 and 4 you mean the 2nd furthest and the furthest from the CPU then yes that is correct.

In my testing of the Unify (and what seems to be other MSI boards) it sets different voltages based on what XMP profile you set. I get much lower voltages with profile 2 which can help stability.

Associate
OP
If by slot 2 and 4 you mean the 2nd furthest and the furthest from the CPU then yes that is correct.

In my testing of the Unify (and what seems to be other MSI boards) it sets different voltages based on what XMP profile you set. I get much lower voltages with profile 2 which can help stability.

I dont remember if I tried xmp2 or not ... but I have an update
timespy runs:
It would always crash with my memory set at xmp.
I noticed that if I took off xmp timespy wouldnt crash.
Then I decided to try each stick separately at xmp.
One stick always crashes timespy, the other never crashes timespy (both set at xmp). I tried this 5x each. (placed the sticks in the same mem slot in case you are wondering; only variable is which stick I used).

What do you think? bad ram? btw I had tested this previously using that mem86+ test program and it didnt find anything but only did 1 or 2 passes.

Back
Top Bottom