Help me pick a keyboard and mouse please.

Associate
So, the time has come to upgrade my keyboard and mouse and I have no idea what to pick. :(

I don't mind buying them separately if it means I get what I'm after.

Mouse:

I don't mind if it's corded it just has to be optical. Also I can't stand those buttons on the side that go forward and backwards on the Internet. I get into the habit of writing something then accidently hitting a button and losing what I've just written. :o It also must have a scroll wheel. (Do they even come without them anymore?)

Keyboard:

I don't really mind the style of it as long as it has the big style return button like this:
studioboard-return-key.gif

I doesn't have to be cordless or anything because I don't seem to have much luck with cordless stuff*. :(

*Already had to take back 3 different keyboard and mouse combos because they didn't work properly. :(

Any recommendations welcome,

Cheers.

Associate
if your a gamer, and have a bit of cash maybe a MX510 w/ Mat and a Saitek Eclipse, set u back about £64

the mouse has side buttons but they can be disabled and dont really get in the way

the keyboard has a big enter key and also has a neon blue backlight for those late night gaming sessions :D

Permabanned
if a gamer get a logitech g15 excellent keyboard with programmable buttons.

mouse wise I have a mx1000 logitech which is ace... but I would generally recommend any logitech mouse or keyboard as that all I am really use to....except for that mistake of buying a aluminium keyboard keys stuck in game lol

Permabanned
ye but you have to remember its a unique keyboard....or least at mo.

lcd screen lets you display about anything from teamspeak to in game stuff.

you can pre program keys or download cod2 macro programs for use with your keyboard.
backlight keyboard is great for light off action.

I cant say it cheap 60 quid is a lot especially when I got mine from else for about 20 quid less...why is it 60 quid here...

Associate
The Saitek Eclipse is a great keyboard, and I love my Razer Copperhead mouse as well. It was expensive but definitely worth it. It's got side buttons but you can disable them is you want.

If you can't stretch to the Copperhead, you might want to look at the Razer Diamondback or the Logitech MX510/518. They're all meant to be excellent mice.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom