Help me pick a Keyboard !

Associate
cant decide on which keyboard to get , im currently using a Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard any fancy something else .
ony one thing i should say it that i havnt got the space for a Logitech G15 :p
been looking at these:

Logitech Media Keyboard Elite
Saitek PZ30AU Eclipse Illuminated Keyboard
or maybe go for another Microsoft Keyboard?

I bought the Saitek Eclipse a few weeks to replace my old Logitech keyboard. Its a great keyboard, looks cool with the blue light as well. Its one of the best keyboards I've ever used and the keys feel nice to press:) Its quite compact and doesn't have all those annoying quick keys across the top that no one ever uses anyway.

i tsted out one of those expensive raptor keyboards out for a few months. if you can afford one i can recommend it very highly. every toher keyboard seems weak and pathetic in comparison :(

Street said:
I bought the Saitek Eclipse a few weeks to replace my old Logitech keyboard. Its a great keyboard, looks cool with the blue light as well. Its one of the best keyboards I've ever used and the keys feel nice to press:) Its quite compact and doesn't have all those annoying quick keys across the top that no one ever uses anyway.
Seconded.

I got it as an upgrade from a microsoft keyboard and the build quality is far superior. The microsoft would squeek if i pressed down too hard :rolleyes: The Saitek is heavy, strong and easy to type on :)

my desk had a sliding thing that my keyboard sits on and its not that big (just about fits my Microsoft Natural Multimedia Keyboard on)
i swaying towards the Saitek one now :)

Street said:
Its quite compact and doesn't have all those annoying quick keys across the top that no one ever uses anyway.
I have the logitec media (regular, not elite version) and i don't find them useless at all. I would use the "Home" (open Web Browser), calculator, standby and media controls reguarly.

I would use the others but setpoint conflicts with mouseware and Mx510 functionality wins out over some admittedly less useful buttons, although they can be configured to whatever you want.

Not to say the Eclipse isn't a great choice, the logitech isn't anything special but it's good functionally for the price, get what you pay for I guess.

Mikey1280 said:
Personally I like my Apple Keyboard, nice and small, looks good IMHO and is really nice and small and its got USB ports. Only problems are that it does not have any hotkeys or a print screen button.

There is a registry hack program that let you map the keys, I got F13 for print screen, you have map F14 to F16 for other things too, only key that you can't map is the eject key.

The program doesn't use any resources since it's done at the registry, fairly easy to use and made my keyboard everything i want it to be.

mark1 said:
Seconded.

I got it as an upgrade from a microsoft keyboard and the build quality is far superior. The microsoft would squeek if i pressed down too hard :rolleyes: The Saitek is heavy, strong and easy to type on :)

Thirded.

I just got tired of all these new keyboards that have about a million buttons on them that you don't need, I wanted a simple high quility keyboard that looked good and had the added bonus of light-up keys, the Saitek Eclipse fitted the bill perfectly.

I'm sure you can buy a keyboard with the keys blanked out. :-) If you're a pro typer you don't need to look at the keys. Most of the time I don't, I'm typing this without looking at the keys and typing with both hands.

Back
Top Bottom