help me spend my bonus!

Associate
Ok the situation is ive just got a bonus at work, (yay!) so I have an extra £200 to play with, and I want to upgrade my system to get as much out of Elder scrolls 4 : Oblivion that I can, but dont know what else I need, Ive got some suggestions though:

Logitech Z-5500 THX® Certified 5.1 505 Watts Speakers - Retail (SP-021-LG)

these look great (never had a 5.1 sound before) but will Oblivion have 5.1 sound?

another idea...

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS Edition - Retail (SC-032-CL)

im currently using a audigy 2 and it seems fine, what benefits will it have?

another idea...

Zalman Reserator1-Plus Fanless Water Cooling System - Black (WC-003-ZA)
this will make my system quieter, and maybe overclock more, but does it work with a SLI setup on a dfi board?? (-if I buy an extra vga block)

Any other ideas will be welcomed, my specs are:

2x7800 gtx SLI_DFI DR_2gb G.Skill HZ_Opteron@3ghz_dell 2005fpw

Last edited:
Soldato
i dont think that the zalman is quite upto the task of cpu, and sli rig as it would get a bit too warm, would probably give temps just about top air cooling can give.
most games now work in 5.1 or with the ability to expand the sound to it, would think about getting slightly cheaper speakers and the X-Fi but not the fatality one as the x-ram on it does nothing from what i have heard.

Associate
Save your money you obviously dont 'need' anything, your just trying to buy stuff for the sake of it :)

Associate
nO}{8 said:
too late ive ordered some z-5500's! I quite fancy having 5.1 in the dungeons, making it more creapy and atmospheric. A good choice?

Good buy mate, 505W RMS is very impressive for PC speakers. Total peak power is useless marketing hype, RMS is what matters.

Associate
I have these speakers and they are brilliat - need to watch ot though. The subwoofer can make it unpleasent for anyone sitting in the room underneath you!

If I were you I think I would have gone for the X-Fi soundcard and bought some good earphones. Have seen plenty of people say that this thing is brilliant at prodcing surrond sound through a pair of normal headphones and really improves the sound of MP3's and stuff.

Am sure you will love the speakers though - just make sure you have someone to help you lift the box!

Back
Top Bottom