Help me with a new build, no budget

Associate
so my ltd company will be paying for my new build, so technically I have no budget

I will use it for gaming, movies blah blah the usual stuff, so here goes. I already have the r5 and its very silent. I don't overclock or watercool by the way

GPU - GTX 1080Ti
Case - FRACTAL R5
CPU - i7 7700K
Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO ( Anything better? )
Ram - 16gb DDR4 3000mhz ( recommendations? )
mobo - recommendations?
ssd - normal ssd or the new m.2?
PSU - any recommendations?

Associate
OP

Associate
Caporegime
Asrock boards are not very good from my experience and the warranty+support is not as good.

As for RAM, not everyone is managing to get high speeds with 2933Mhz being easier to achieve.

Caporegime
Both IPS, both Gsync, both capable of 100Hz, 3 vs 2year warranty.

Apart from the style and that the Acer is on offer (explains the £300 difference) I cant see any obvious difference.

Associate
OP
Both IPS, both Gsync, both capable of 100Hz, 3 vs 2year warranty.

Apart from the style and that the Acer is on offer (explains the £300 difference) I cant see any obvious difference.

thanks mate, you have been a great help

regarding ram, 16gb the sweet spot or should I go 32gb? I'm running 8gb atm of ddr3, so I presume any ddr4 will feel a lot better

Soldato
can someone give me some ideas for i7 7700k motherboard and compatible RAM?

Also, I need to be able to add a bluray drive to it ( sata )

You can't really go wrong with a Gigabyte board and Corsair Ram.

Here are a few different boards depending on how much you want to spend. The Corsair ram will fit under any cpu cooler as they are classed as low profile. There are cheaper kits such as the Team Group Night Hawk but they are pretty tall.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,245.02
(includes shipping: £14.10)

Associate
OP
You can't really go wrong with a Gigabyte board and Corsair Ram.

Here are a few different boards depending on how much you want to spend. The Corsair ram will fit under any cpu cooler as they are classed as low profile. There are cheaper kits such as the Team Group Night Hawk but they are pretty tall.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,245.02
(includes shipping: £14.10)

so I can pretty much pick any mobo? any reason for price discrepancy?

I'm going to be using 1080ti, 7700k, samsung m.2 ssd and will need to work with my bluray drive ( im sure thats a given but cant hurt to check ) I won't be overclocking, oh and a cooler master evo cooler

Back
Top Bottom