Help - My shuttle seems to be dying! SB75G2

Soldato
Been fighting with it for days now, so im coming to you guys for some of your knowledge on the matter...

I’ve got a Shuttle SB75G2...

Now first of the all the Ethernet port has stopped working, ive tried the cable in a laptop, works fine, ive tried EVERYTHING to get the drivers to work/respond and nothing, it recognises its not installed, but it seems "dead"

My dad has been fighting computer problems for 10 years and he said it’s the first case he’s seen of this... it just will not work and that leads me too...

The mouse port, this has now strangely died, im currently using a comm port mouse...

It just seems that its failing and I don’t know what to do, it’s just a good system, well was.

Anyone else experienced this problem, I would just run an Ethernet to USB, but it seems more ports are conking out me so the problem might carry on.

I’m running through wireless USB and its fine so I don’t understand.

Anyone? :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------

220125.jpg

Intel Pentium 4 "Northwood" 3.0GHz
Shuttle Spacewalker XPC SB75G2
TwinMOS 1GB Installed with Akasa Copper RAM Heatsinks
ATI Built Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
Hercules Digifire 7.1 Sound Card - 7.1 Speakers
Logitech Cordless Desktop MX
Viewsonic VP171B Pro Series 17" TFT
Enermax Fan Controller
DVD-RW - Coolermaster Black Bezel
30GB Samsung IDE Harddrive

OLD OLD picture..

Soldato
OP
Yeah, i was running XP Pro when it died, and it needed a reinstall anyway, so i installed XP Home, and not a trace of life!

Soldato
OP
chet84 said:
This has happened to me before... not on a shuttle but on an asus motherboard. Both the ethernet and mouse port both conked out. The board had to be replaced. I think its more common than you think. :(

Cheers for confirming this. Shame really, its just the ethernet port now, but not to worry ive got a ethernet > USB converter in the post.

Back
Top Bottom