Help Overclocking a ROG laptop

Associate
Hi guys!!!
I'm new to the forum and the "world of overclocking", I have an ASUS ROG G752VS OC Edition which, in Extreme mode, has the multiplier at 39X, the processor is an i7-6820HK,
I tried to push the overclock a little further but it goes into power throttling.
Now I don't know if it happens because it's a laptop, but I thought it's because the PSU doesn't give it enough power.
Is there anyone among you who can tell me how can I overcome this obstacle of power throttling?
I also accept drastic solutions.
P.S. The temperatures are always under control, I replaced the thermal paste with a Grizzly and I added an efficient ventilation system.
Thanks to anyone who can help me !!!!!

Welcome to the forum. The term you want to search for is "undervolting". There are videos showing how to undervolt and then overclock laptop CPUs and sometimes GPUs, and which programs you can use. I've only done it on one laptop a couple years ago, so am out of the loop with what's current. Used a combination of the aptly-named Throttlestop (Intel Xtreme Tuning Utility was an alternative) and Afterburner.

My pc input is 230 W, which is a very low power limit for a gaming machine... I was wondering if is it possible to change the internal PSU of the laptop (and obviously also the power adaptor) to go over this ridiculous power limit.

Back
Top Bottom