::: HELP! please! new pc build is not powering up?:::

Permabanned
:( well i spent a good half a day doing my first build. and i knew it wouldnt be to long before i get problems.

basicly i put it all together and now. it wont start :(

i noticed on my psu. (hiper type r 580w) there is a main lead on there. for connection on the motherboard. wich is a ASUS A8N sli- deluxe with the connection on there being a
ATX12V connection but on the psu the main lead for the power to it. is does NOT fit right. the connection holes are different. there is another lead i used on this. and it fits perfect. but the system still doesnt boot.

i know the psu has power as the backlight is working. but when i click on the power button nothing happens.

system spec in sig.

please anyone got the same system or. motherboard and psu. can tell me how to fix it???

thank you :)

ice

Soldato
Don't have this board,but what do you mean the main lead won't fit right ? The Hiper has a 24 pin connector,but the extra 4 pin slides on & off the end,so you can use it as a 20 or 24 pin.

Have you got all the power leads in ok ? 4 pin connector should go in the board somewhere as well

Rob

Permabanned
OP
omg lol.

i think thats the problem if you hadnt of said that i still be stuck. and yeah there is a 20 pin but i think u can add the extra 4 aswell.

i was trying to fit the 4 pin one into a small thing but it didnt fit. i think if i put all of them together in the larger one. i might power up.

i try that now :)

Permabanned
OP
wooot yeah it boots. :)

very quite. umm now i got to do bios but i got some tutorials to help me. the graphics at the begging was all messed up though not shure what that is. but. it has nothing on here so needs the drivers i guess :)

Soldato
Once you've got your windows install done.Go to the NVidia site & download the latest platfrom drivers 6.70s i think,then go to the ATI site & get the latest cat drivers for your gfx card.Install both these drivers & that will get you started mate

That's one nice set up you have there mate :D

Cheers

Rob

Permabanned
OP
well once i try to boot from cdrom it gets stuck on listing all the stuff and nothing happens just says im missing bits. i think i will try again in the morning. cause a few things not come up like one of my dvd drives and a spare harddrive. so i try again 2moro.

and links you got on helping on a fresh install. like step by step. that be most helpfull :)

cheers, ice

Back
Top Bottom