Help pleeeeease

Associate
My son has rtx 3060 and currently has ryzen 5 5060 and wants to upgrade his cpu. I'm clueless at what will work best with his gpu? Will ryzen 7 benefit him? And if so which one?? His game is fortnite and I'm fried

Thanks guys. May I ask why? I need something to tell him why it's the best. In lamens terms
You may want to look at a review or two to get the proper context, e.g.

In short, for games: more cache = good, less cache = bad. X3D CPUs have lots of cache.

The advantage is primarily seen when you're CPU bottlenecked and playing at lower resolutions/settings and some games show much less benefit than others.

Though, the overall gaming experience is usually improved and significantly smoother, even at higher resolutions.

Either it will be written on the motherboard itself, you can check in the bios or use a program like cpuz or hwinfo.

In Fortnite, changing the CPU will not be a great upgrade unless you are at low resolution and/or your monitor is capable of displaying high frame rates.

For more taxing games the GPU will bottleneck. Personally, I would save the cash for a bigger refresh later.

Last edited:
Either it will be written on the motherboard itself, you can check in the bios or use a program like cpuz or hwinfo.

In Fortnite, changing the CPU will not be a great upgrade unless you are at low resolution and/or your monitor is capable of displaying high frame rates.

For more taxing games the GPU will bottleneck. Personally, I would save the cash for a bigger refresh later.
Oh. Well that's thrown a spanner in the Works lol..thank you

Don't buy the 5800x3d anyway because it's stupidly overpriced. The 5700x3d is basically a lower clocked version of the 5800x3d and is the sensible choice at a much more realistic price. A word of warning though, AMD has discontinued the AM4 3d cpu's so if you are going to get one get it now before the 5700x3d starts to become short in supply because the prices will only increase just as they have with the 5800x3d.

This site published a article with the headline stating all three are discontinued now while this site posted a article today saying that just the 5800x3d and 5600x3d (wasn't this released not long ago?) are discontinued. Even if the 5700x3d is still being produced the price is only going to go up again now that there is no other 3d cpu's on AM4.

Back
Top Bottom