Help Rampage won't post

Associate
Hi Guys after 9 months colleting parts I finally built an i7, rampage II extreame PC. All is water cooled, My problem is it won't post. When i power up everything switches on Fans, Pump, Led lights on MB it,'sjust that there is no post or Bleeps from the M.B, Also i have a Radieo HD850 installed there is leds on the video board where the power connect, all light up except one?

I have only ever uses Fesser liquid for cooling no water has ever been near the m/b

There is no error message in the m/boards LCD boot up monitor, it just goes to a clock. Any help vastly appreciated....

Soldato
the best way to troubleshoot new builds is by a bare bones approach with just the basics connected to eliminate any possible faulty hardware.

i.e 1 stick of ram,psu,hard drive,gfx card and see if it boots. i would also switch it off and clear the cmos first, and try that.

apart from that just check all your cables and things are hooked up properly.

Soldato
Wow 9 months collecting, what did you buy first because the i7 and Rampage is quite new isn't it? I'm not sure what to say about the booting failure. I'm going to go on a limb and say bad connection / no connection somwhere. Reseat all the sockets / plugs and check the pins are all straight.

Associate
Have you got the second mb power cable connected? As i didn't do this the first time i built a pc and couldn't understand why it wouldn't turn on...

RJC

RJC

Don
Check all power connections, make sure memory in the right slots - I had them in wrong slots on my UD5.
If that fails try only one memory module and do a CMOS reset.

Soldato
not posting..
is your PSU up to the job.
dumb question but is everything connected correctly, ie ram in right slots...all power connections in correctly.
is there a short!! try the setup outside the case.
is the rampage stock?

Back
Top Bottom