Help relieve the impending boredom

Soldato
I am going to be at sea all month starting Monday, and whilst I am at home, I want to download a few games that I can pick up and play when I have an hour or 2 (hopefully!) to spare.

Here is the kicker, I have a baseline unibody macbook (dual core, 9400m gt - so nothing powerful, maybe older games would be a good option?) and would want to use a xbox 360 controller because of the lack of space.

I have windows 7 installed via bootcamp, so can run any game hardware permitting.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Also, if someone can tell me how to get games like doom 3 running on an xbox 360 control (or any game that is FPS for that matter), would be fantastic.

Caporegime
minecraft

hell by the end of the month you'll have become obsessed and built a scale replica of the ship /oil platform :p

Soldato
OP
Bear in mind, we will have no internet, and I believe minecraft is online isnt it?

Games I like are everything really. Grim Fandango is a brilliant shout - played and completed it like 8 years ago, would be good to play again.

Wouldnt mind some decent Adventure games or FPS' that would work on my macbook. I have Doom 3, Stalker (both of them - they actually run pretty good suprisingly!) - maybe even a good driving simulator, like gran turismo or forza if there are any for the PC.

Soldato
Bear in mind, we will have no internet, and I believe minecraft is online isnt it?

Games I like are everything really. Grim Fandango is a brilliant shout - played and completed it like 8 years ago, would be good to play again.

Wouldnt mind some decent Adventure games or FPS' that would work on my macbook. I have Doom 3, Stalker (both of them - they actually run pretty good suprisingly!) - maybe even a good driving simulator, like gran turismo or forza if there are any for the PC.

I'd have a look at some of of the Telltale adventure games if you like Grim Fandango. :)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Richard Burns Rally but you will bust a thumb or 2. :p

Company of Heroes - Single player is Epic.

Rome Total War - Megalomaniacs dream.

Others can tell you whether they'll run but they will be as cheap as chips to buy now. :cool:

Soldato
I can't see any FPS playing well with a controller... and RTS is just a massive fail.

There must be somewhere you can put up a mouse mat. Even if its just a 'tracker ball' style mouse.

Soldato
I can't see any FPS playing well with a controller... and RTS is just a massive fail.

There must be somewhere you can put up a mouse mat. Even if its just a 'tracker ball' style mouse.

I'd disagree, the orange box supports the Xbox controller natively, and you can more than play a single player game easily comfortably with one.

If he were playing online I'd agree. It's not the same experience, but if I didn't have room to set up a keyboard and mouse like he says I'd happily be able to play through Portal or HL2 with a controller.

RTS is a massive fail though.

Back
Top Bottom