Help solve rebooting issue

Associate
hi there.

just bought a new system

the mobo is this
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/productsDownload_motherboard2.cfm?pMotherboard=6100K8MA-RS

basically this is my system:
amd athlon 3000+
512mb RAM
maxtor 200gb HDD
XP pro with SP2

programs
nero
bitdefender 9 pro
MS office
spybot
power dvd
limewire
zonealarm pro
msn 7.5

ok i started by uninstalling ZA but it still kept resetting. i then went into cp then power options and made sure it isnt resetting cos of this. then checked cp then system/advanced/startup and recovery/then unchecked auto restart, and i dont think its reset again with that unchecked.. so anyway i checked it again so i can solve this problem!!!

ive tried going into the BIOS to make sure its not set in there to make my pc go off. ive downloaded speedfan and all my temps are very good. ive downloaded memtest and used it for 20 mins with no errors. ive tried uninstalling a couple other progs with no luck.. ive tried downloading latest drivers for my mobo..ect.

its reset 3 times today.. 2 of those times (being the last 2 times) its reset just as i went to play this game.. http://www.dragongamez.com/castlebattles.htm

im only running 1 firewall (zonealarm) 1 antivirus (bitdefender 9)

helppppppppppppp

Last edited:
Associate
OP
always restarts mate...

well it did completely shut down today BUT i cant work out if it just did it or if i accidently did it, (i was argueing with the gf at the time she was hitting me and i was falling on the pc almost LOL).... too much info i know :p

Associate
OP
ok ive run memtest through the night for approx 7 hours it scanned 51998.6% and found no errors, i know this cant be the most accurate tester though so still could be the memory..

Ive not added no new fans only thing ive added myself is a new dvd drive i had to take the memory and CPU fan out to slide the dvd drive in though. but i cant think if my pc was resetting before i did this, think it was. psu is 400watts i think, so it cant be on its way out? its brand new. the system is brand new less than 1 week old. i paid £500 for it from another online store..

Ive not overclocked either....

even if the pc is brand new and if its still the PSU then how comes my pc reset when playing that game..?...twice!!?

Associate
OP
on the phone to tech support now(indian call centre). there insisting its not the pc at fault but the operating system. they refuse to take responsibility of the pc at fault even tho the MS report said its a hardware fault!!!

tech support made me go into safe mode and then control panel then system advanced then ybcheck auto restart button... then i restarted in normal mode and went to play that game and it still restarted.

went through few other steps and still kept restarting.

he then insisted i reinstal xp (i told him i did that already twice) we argued for 10 mins, he kept saying its DEFOOOO a software fault NOT hardware. so then he said OK last resort is go into BIOS leave it for 15 mins and if it restarts its defo a hardware fault... HAHAHAHAH i laughed and put the phone down, i had heard enough!!!

6 calls later to verious departments i finally got on the phone to customer services to a english guy who knows what hes talking about and told me its a hardware fault defo. so i got it booked in for repair, im just worried now cos i broke the warranty seal to add a dvd drive!!!!

Back
Top Bottom