Help speccing up complete PS4 VR setup

Soldato
My Mrs has a left over amount of budget for a kids holiday club she runs. She wants to get a gaming centre set up for them, but only for something that keeps them active.

The obvious choice for something easy enough to setup and maintain in my mind would be a few ps4 with vr and a few kid friendly games (beat saber!).

Can anyone suggest the bits of kits that would be best placed for this? Is there a bundle that includes a PS4 and the vr headset?

Soldato
I have a PSVR kit but hardly used it. They were great when they came out but they are a bit unwieldy with all the thick cables and box eTc. It was good fun at the start but the control method and price of the controller things and them not being great is a downside with the PSVR which it looks like they have addressed all of these on the PSVR2.

if you wanted the PS4 setup you need:
PS4(I would suggest a Pro)
PSVR kit (available pretty cheap now)
PS Camera
PS Move controllers (Can be hard to find and not cheap) you can use a normal controller but on some games it doesn’t work well or feel good.
So even second hand you will be looking at about 400 quid plus your games.
If you already have a PC the quest 2 is a great introduction into VR as much as it pains me to recommend anything Facebook/Meta related.

Soldato
Another vote for the Quest 2. Great bit of kit and wireless, but battery life can be a problem depending on how long it will be used day to day. It charges back up pretty quickly though. You can also buy the elite strap with battery to extend play time for about £80.

You can lock down the the account to be child friendly also.

I have been really impressed with mine but the motion sickness when you play roomscale can be pretty unsettling. Perhaps something to think about if you don’t want puke all over the place! :p

Associate
Both have merits. Psvr has better quality of graphics and has some great exclusives. The kids would also have access to the ps4 games.

Quest 1 or 2 is a better vr experience- much better controls & tracking and no wires.

Games prices are generally cheaper on ps4 as you have access to the used market.

Associate
Both have merits. Psvr has better quality of graphics and has some great exclusives. The kids would also have access to the ps4 games.

Quest 1 or 2 is a better vr experience- much better controls & tracking and no wires.

Games prices are generally cheaper on ps4 as you have access to the used market.
The Quest 2 headset is better than the PSVR headset in terms of graphics.

Associate
PSVR owner here on a PS5 and a new Quest 2 user. Hands down the Quest 2 even utethered is night and day difference to the PSVR. Much crisper image and clarity. Just wish the stock head strap wasn't so pants.

Haven't touched the PSVR since getting it, just get the quest 2 :)

Back
Top Bottom