HELP! :( - Web booking forms/Office 365

Associate
Hey guys - got an issue I'm totally stumped with:

I have a customer I support on Office 365 and have done for the last 6-8 months. Their website is less than spectacular but does include a booking form for enquires (car rental company)

I have no control over the website but am talking to the guy who has access to the site and domain panel for the company.

From my understanding, when a customer fills in the form and clicks submit, the web server hosting the site and form sends out a confirmation email to the customer and to the info@ email address for the company - for this to work the domain has to allow both the website and the office 365 email address to send emails - to allow this to work, this needs an TXT/SPF record allowing both servers to send email using the @companyname.co.uk domain (please correct me if this is wrong!)

We had the same issue a few months ago, in the end we created an SPF/TXT record that combined the webserver and the 365 exchange server, it took a few hours to finalize but it did seem to resolve the issue.

For some reason in the last few days, the form has stopped working again, the customer doesn't receive a confirmation email, nor does the [email protected] address - the only thing I can thing of is that the domain is not allowing something to happen.

I have submitted test bookings which have gone nowhere and had no response to any address, however if I just send emails to the [email protected] address, or from the same address, they go fine.

Could it be that the IP of the server that had previously been set in the SPF record has been updated, and therefore is now not allowed by the domain to send emails?

Please if someone could help, I would love some assistance with this issue!

Below is an example of the TXT record I have created, for security reasons at this stage I have removed an information which identifies the company, but you get the idea:

, ttl : 10800
v=spf1 mx ip4:79.170.44.*** mx:companyname-co-uk.mail.protection.outlook.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all , ttl : 10800
Done!

I have put anything edited in this TXT record in bold

Thanks guys <3

Associate
Is the guy who deals with the website looking into this at all? However the site is sending emails out he would presumably be able to see if this is coming up with any errors which may shed more light on the issue.

Associate
OP
Is the guy who deals with the website looking into this at all? However the site is sending emails out he would presumably be able to see if this is coming up with any errors which may shed more light on the issue.

He's looking into it in as much as he has sent the information on what I reckon it is forward to the guy who designed the webform :| it all seems to have been dumped on me

Back
Top Bottom