Help Windows wont install updates!! Pics included

Associate
Very annoying, Windows wont update and now takes 2 hours just for me to log in

On the desktop I can download the updates fine. But when I have to restart to install them that's when trouble starts.....

When turning on the computer these messages appear;

It says Windows is configuring updates like below;

jQMyTDy.jpg

Then it says failure to install;
cyOLVn6.jpg

Because of this it takes literally 1/2 hours to actually log into my Windows and use the computer

I've tried the windows update troubleshoot down loader and still the problem occurs :(

System is;

Windows 7 Professional 64Bit
Asus P5Q Pro (Old, yes I know)
Intel Dual Core E5300 2.6GHZ (Old, yes I know)
XFX 4850 (Old, yes I know)
Samsung 850 500GB

Please help!

Last edited:
Soldato
Might want to consider using Imgur, your images says your account doesn't allow hotlinking.

Have you tried running sfc /scannow now in case there's any corrupted system files? Manually downloaded the updates from the Microsoft site and cleared the downloaded ones from the auto updater?

Associate
OP
Might want to consider using Imgur, your images says your account doesn't allow hotlinking.

Have you tried running sfc /scannow now in case there's any corrupted system files? Manually downloaded the updates from the Microsoft site and cleared the downloaded ones from the auto updater?

Yes and this message appears
Rkds1qF.png

I havent got any other repair operation running in the background or any other program!

I also disabled my anti virus as well!!

Aggghhhh so annoying!!

Soldato
can you make a system restore at a point before isssue started, then block the automatic updates, find out what it wants to update, review those, and update
what you really need (eg security patches).

and .... make sure you have a good backup and maybe image of the disk, in case you have to do a fresh install

Associate
if you don't have the patience to wait for days I would suggest you restart and start installing only a few updates at a time. If they install without any problem then at least you will be able to find which one is causing the problem.

Associate
OP
So I've decided to bite the bullet and do a fresh clean install of Windows again!

I've just had to install like 107 updates though? Are there new updates out or something?

Associate
Windows 7 updates have been suspiciously "Having problems" since Win 10 came out. How "mysterious". I wonder if Microsoft is doing this on purpose to push people to Win 10 :p :D...

Seriously though go buy Win 10. It's so much better.

Back
Top Bottom