• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Help with 3080 (Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080)

Associate
Hello,

So today I finally got my hands on a 3080, I have the AORUS Master 3080. However it has been nothing but trouble, I have been doing all kinds of troubleshooting all of today and I need some advice on what I can do next or perhaps there is something I'm missing.

So here is the strange part, the GPU will sometimes boot fine until the windows login screen where it will then give no signal.
But! It also sometimes decides that the motherboard can no longer see it and gives me the GPU Missing BIOS Beep code.

The GPU powers on, the RGB and Fans work fine. But it just wont give off a signal to the monitor.

**Things I have tried:**

* Reseating GPU
* Updating Bios
* Changing to UEFI
* Changing boot drive from MBR to GPT
* CMOS Battery Reset

The only thing I can think is that maybe it's a power issue, because when it does get to the login screen and the GPU ramps up it then loses signal. I've ordered a new PSU I needed one anyway but I'm hoping maybe this might resolve it.

My old GPU works flawlessly as soon as I put it back in but it is a much less power hungry card.

Any advice or tips would be great! Cheers.

**SPECS**

* RYZEN 3700x

* Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ RAM

* EVGA Supernova G2 650W PSU

* MSI 1070TI -> AORUS Master 3080

Back
Top Bottom