Help with a Gaming Desktop PLEASE!

Associate
Hi...

So i'm pretty much a total novice when it comes to specs.

I want a new desktop that can run games at max settings with high FPS at up to 4K.
I also want something that is going to is going to last a few years which can be upgraded.

What do you think of this?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...-pc-intel-core-i7-8700k-4.9ghz-fs-1bw-og.html

Is there anything I can change to decrease the price without it making much difference to performance?

Thanks in advance, any advice is much appreciated!

Hi, thanks for that!

I maybe want to keep the
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 4.9GHz

as its the newest generation and will be able to keep up to date longer. Having said that. Would it be good to keep everything else you have suggested? And would this run games at 4K in highest quality?

Hi welcome to the Forum :)

What is your budget for this pc ?

Are you able to build it yourself ?

Also do you need a 4K Monitor included in the price ?

I'm looking to spend around £2000. I'd prefer not to build myself, to make life easier and have warranty. I currently use a TV for gaming, but am looking at also purchasing a 4K monitor.

Thankyou!

The i7 8700K contradicts to your previous requirement about the system being upgradeable.
If you want to further upgrade that machine, you will have to change the motherboard too.

Also, for 4K gaming, you don't need an OC processor because the games become GPU bound.

So the i7 8700K cannot be upgraded without upgrading the motherboard?

I've heard MMO's in particular use processing power..... is that true?

Thanks so much for all your replies. But just clarify i would like to keep the costs down as much as possible. So for instance, the case doesn't matter to me visually, so if a case that's uglier is cheaper then that's fine by me. Noise reduction however is quite important!

I also don't want any changes to MASSIVELY affect performance. maybe by a few FPS but thats all.

As I explained earlier, I am a total novice with these thing, but all of the suggestions mentioned are really helpful.

Also, this PC will have to last me the next few years.... I just want to be able to upgrade the odd part every couple of years to keep it up to date. Having said this, do all of these suggestions still stand?

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom